Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No English. Well, maybe a little here and there.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No English. Well, maybe a little here and there.

I really debated posting this one for a while now. I mean no disrespect to anyone here; this is just a SC story told to me by my friend who works at an oil-change place.

Let F = Friend

F: Oil-change?
    C: No Inglés. (pointed to oil or something)
    F: (changing oil, starts going through the spiel) Which kind of oil...?
    C: No Inglés.
    F: Tires rotated?
    F: Transmission fluid?
    F: Okay, sir, that will be $27.95.
    C: $27.95, alright man that sounds good, can I write y'all out a check? (Plain as day, even had a southern accent).
    F:

Whaaaaaaaaa?

Comment

It would have taken that guy less energy just to say "No" to all the extras F was offering, rather than fibbing about his language. Not to mention the braincells he eradicated coming up with that method.

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
        C: $27.95, alright man that sounds good, can I write y'all out a check? (Plain as day, even had a southern accent).
        F:
        Check? Por que? No Ingles.

Comment

Do you know if the SC was a student?

I remember reading a thread where a bunch of students were kicked out of a pub because they were ordering without saying anything. Apparently, some student groups have this idiotic idea that they can do weird stuff and that makes them hip and interesting, instead of gigantic pillocks. It sounds like it could be something similar here.

Comment

Simple response to the first instance of No Ingles:

I'm sorry but since you can not understand and agree to the charges for the work we will be providing I can not help you.

Comment

Working...
            X