This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suck

I'm posting this here because these are fellow tenants at my apartment, therefore making them customers of the complex. I think I'm the worst person in this story, though.

This morning I went to workout at our complex facilities. First, in walks Silver Lady. She is called that because she always wears a windbreaker set (jacket and pants) made completely of silver material like space suits on TV shows.

<nostalgia>I have encountered her before and this is what happened then:
    She had one TV playing something-or-another and asked me if I would like the remote to turn the other TV on to something else. I agree to that and when I went to turn the channel, I accidently changed her TV. No big deal, I went back to her TV and asked what it was on so I can change it back. She told me "30," so I pressed 3 then 0 (you know, 30). She said, "No, no, no, 30. You have to press 0 then 3 to turn to 30." I figured no point in arguing, and turned to channel 3. "Ah, yes, this is what I was watching." Ok. Not sucky, just strange.<end nostalgia>

This morning she wasn't really all that sucky either except that she turned the treadmill onto a high speed and stood above it, straddling the belt while she situated herself. So while a machine below her was traveling at 3 miles an hour or so, she was in a position where one false step could seriously injure her. She slowly got everything situated, but not before accidently dropped her purse on there and quickly pulling it off, nearly ripping the bag. Then she got this torn up book out and read after jumping onto the moving machine. The book was really old and had papers falling out of it. So, again, very unsafe. If a paper had fallen down it couldn't caused her to fall or it could get caught in the machine. She managed to catch the papers as they fell down though, somehow. She just seemed to not have common sense.

The really sucky people are the parents. The took their kids, about 2 and 4, to the pool (you can see it from the gym). There is no lifeguard. Mom stayed with them while dad came inside and worked out. What was creepy to start is he was talking to himself while working out. Not in English, too. And apparently he's hilarious, because he kept making himself laugh. Then, in comes mom. She started working out too. I left right about the time she started. That's right, they left their small children in a pool that's deeper than they are tall with no lifeguard. The teacher in me was crying.

As soon as I got home, I was ready to called CPS when I realized that (1) it's the weekend, so I'd have to leave a message and (2) I know nothing about these people, so a message would do no good. It wasn't until hours later that I realized I should've called the police. That's where I majorly suck. Because of my stupidity, I put those children at risk just as much as their parents. If anything has happened to those kids, I would've never forgiven myself. I'm really punching myself now.

Yesterday, when I was working out, a dad did weights while he let his son, about 3, PLAY on the treadmill. He even fell off of it, too. Dad then left the room while his son was still playing on the treadmill. I should've called either CPS or the police then as well.

I really do suck.
    Last edited by TexasT; 08-08-2009, 10:29 PM.

you still can

you can also notify the property manager that you've seen "resident so and so" let his children play on the treadmills (which is a liability for them) etc.

either way i recommend asking the police and or property manager to NOT reveal who complained

Comment

Working...
    X