This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You did WHAT??

For once, a story NOT about the insanity of CEO! Well, not directly, anyway.

I think I've already posted about CEO's desire to have a wall full of pictures of her with celebrities. Art Girl was working on that project today. Most of the photos are real, though one is photoshopped.

Art Girl sent the files the drugstore to have the photos printed up. When she went in to pick them up, this is what happened:

IW1 = Idiot Worker 1
    IW2 = Idiot Worker 2
    AG = Art Girl

IW1 and 2 have AG's photos spread out over their counter and are discussing the photos.

IW1: So, what are these?

IW2: I don't know, someone sent them to be printed here. It looks like a bunch of celebrities.

IW1: Really? Yeah, I recognize some of them!

IW2: Yeah, I made copies!

AG:

IW1: So, whose are they?

AG: Those are mine.

IW1 & 2:

IW1: So...what do we do with the copies?

AG: Yeah...you're gonna give those to me.

IW2: *hands photos over sheepishly*

Seriously?? They made unauthorized copies of pics of celebrities, and discussed copying the photos IN SIGHT AND HEARING OF A CUSTOMER! Not only that, but in sight and hearing of the customer who owns those images!

Geeeeeez...
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

I am fairly certain that level of violation of privacy is something a photo tech can be fired for.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Yep. Them's firing words.

CALL A MANAGER! write some letters. I am DISGUSTED to think that someone like them could just make unauthorized copies of MY pictures.

This makes me so MAD!

Comment

Yeah, I think in this case, a phone call to the manager is warranted. Snooping little shits.

Comment

This is why I do digital and print them myself.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Photoshopped pictures to go on the wall? How is that ethical? Anyway, small chance the drug store can reprint them depending on whether they use machines to store prints to run off or if they do the chemicals.

Comment

and i'm not really surprised

i don't remember where but i do remember hearing about one guy who'd do that. if the photo was of a pretty girl he'd keep a copy for himself illegally.

as for photoshopping pictures... that doesn't actually bother me.
              in my digital photography class the rule was that if we turned a photo in as one of our 'example photos' it HAD to be photoshopped. "No photo you ever take will be perfect"

Now granted I'm not talking photoshopping a different head on to the body or anything drastic. In fact some of the stuff we were taught to do is stuff that they can do on the one-hour printers too. (like adjusting the tint of CMY etc)

But.. adding in say an adjustment layer for levels, or perhaps removing a bad zit? I see nothing wrong in that.
              Heck, my boyfriend once showed me a book on adjustments that magazines make, showing the original photo and then the final product. A lot of those celebs and models actually have zits and wrinkles, but you wouldn't know.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 08-29-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                Most of the photos are real, though one is photoshopped.
                So was the photoshopped one your CEO so she actually appears as having a brain?

(Oh wait, sorry. Photoshopped, not miracle work)
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
                  Photoshopped pictures to go on the wall? How is that ethical?
                  Depends on what was put in or taken out. Making certain adjustments like PepperElf mentioned would be fine IMO. Taking a picture of a certain celebrity from someplace else and putting it next to the CEO wouldn't.

This reminds me of the ebay answer center and discussion boards, trying to explain privacy rights and unauthorized copies to morons who got the bright idea of taking photos of celebrities off the web, having them screen-printed onto T-shirts, and selling them.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

*nods*

Photoshopping a wooden tiger to make the paint look less faded... fine.

but say... photoshopping darth vader's head on Moby's body..
                    actually that's fun too.

(and gives me the idea of a new thread)

Comment

Working...
                    X