X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoppin' and sightin'

From this afternoon and evening.

A game not to play in the mall

Said a girl of about 8 or so to her younger sister, "You close your eyes and try to touch me. If you do I'm it. Ready go!"

And then the younger girl shut her eyes, extended her arms, and staggered around like Frankenstein's monster while the older one began running around like an overcaffienated cheetah on speed, darting in front of and around passing shoppers right in the middle of the hall.

There were a couple adults nearby who could've been parents or guardians, but if they were they certainly weren't too interested in their children.

And another:

Hopscotch, or something like that, jumping from one random floor tile to another, again getting in everyone's way.

Again, the parental units were either gone or not paying attention to their kids.

Smart people figure out how the store employees are dressed before asking for help:

Regretfully it appears you are not one of them.

I was at Target looking over bed sheets (Protip: Back to School is a good time to purchase bed sheets if you're not particularly picky about thread counts or stuff like that) when a lady came up to me and asked me where some kind of comforter was.

Target's employee dress code is a red shirt, khaki pants and a special nametag. Not a fleece jacket, some random T-shirt, ratty jeans and birkenstocks.

I told the lady I didn't work for the store. She then asked me if I could find somebody who could help her. I told her to look for somebody in red and khaki, and I thought I saw somebody matching that description over in electronics.

Yet another game not to play in a store

Shoe Shot Put.

I had just finished looking at clothes at Target and was heading toward the register to pay when a shoe just came flying out of nowhere and landed near my feet.

As I wondered what I had done to merit the Dubya treatment, some pre-teen came tearing out of the shoe deaprtment, picked the shoe up off the floor and went running back into the shoe department.

Dunno if anybody from the store saw this, since the only employee I found by the clothes was working by the fitting rooms.

Personalized plate seen on a car in the mall parking lot:

"TEA BAG"

Okay, so either you're a supporter of the various tax protests going on around the country (no debates on these please), or I just found out more about your preferred sexual activities than I ever cared to know.

Finally, to Barnes and Noble...

for a book I was looking for. I found a store employee behind the information counter:

Me: O hai, I'm looking for a book, it's called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
    Employee:

And so he went and got it for me, and I took it up to the registers to pay. I'll start reading it later tonight.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM. Reason: I stupid
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Me: O hai, I'm looking for a book, it's called Price and Prejudice and Zombies.
    Employee:

And so he went and got it for me, and I took it up to the registers to pay. I'll start reading it later tonight.
    Enjoy! It's a fun book!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

ZOMG. Thank you SO much. I'd totally forgotten that I wanted to read it too!

Comment

let us know how it is! I have been eying it but can't decide if i should get it or not
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Price and Prejudice and Zombies.
          I tried to read that. The problem is that even the addition of zombies doesn't make Jane Austen an author who can hold my interest.

It's quite well done, though. I couldn't tell when it slipped from being the original text to the added text except now there are hordes of the undead.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

As I wondered what I had done to merit the Dubya treatment,

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
              let us know how it is! I have been eying it but can't decide if i should get it or not
              I've gotten to about page 31. It's holding my interest so far, and I am quick to bail on a book if it isn't keeping my interest.

Comment

Pride, prejudice and zombies is being made into a graphic novel as well

which i will be buying.. due to my love of all things zombie related.

while im at it another fun filled zombie fact.

Long running graphic novel series 'The walking dead'

is gonna be a tv series.. although im not sure right now WHEN it's supposed to start airing.
                Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                  The title is the best part. It was a good idea but the execution wasn't up to it.

Comment

Finally, to Barnes and Noble... for a book I was looking for. I found a store employee behind the information counter:

Employee:

Don't laugh. It is #6 on the Washington Post fiction best seller list this week (August 30). It's also #9 on the NY Times Paperbook Trade Fiction List (August 28).
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

There's also Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (different "co-author").

Apparently there are a couple others with Darcy as Vampyre or something like that (a woman at work showed me a little blurb in People about them).
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm up to page 208 of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and I have to say I'm quite enjoying it.

I do struggle with some of the phrasing as the original story was written, but I can keep up with the story, and I'm enjoying the zombie fights more than I probably should.

Also, Elizabeth Bennet is a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                        X