This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little brat

For Easter a couple of years ago my mom bought me a jade ring. Last night she asked me if I could find it I looked and couldn't. I remembered wearing it a couple of months ago and setting it one a shelf in my room that I share with my sister when she visits. Turns out my mom saw her wearing it and asked her about it and she wouldn't give her a straight answer.

After talking to me she called my sister.

Mom: You need to return your sisters ring. I know that you took it from her.

Sister: I didn't take it from her I found it outside.

Mom: If it was outside it is because Sarah (my friends three year old) took it outside it belongs to your sister and you need to mail it back to her.

Sister: I will.

Ah, family. Don't you just want to feed them to a pack of voracious chinchillas?

I'm assuming sister is old enough to know better.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

She is 21. And is what I would like to do to her at this point.

Comment

Quoth tigger222 View Post
        She is 21. And is what I would like to do to her at this point.
        I don't blame ya. I would be beyond wicked pissed if somebody did that to me.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hmm. Wonder what else you don't know about...
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

after you get it back tell her next time she'll be reported to the police.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I'm hoping you do get it back, that she doesn't conveniently "forget" to mail it back to you.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

OT: Chinchillas are scary little critters too!! I was at a petstore and I was resting my hand on a cage containing chinchillas while looking at them. A chinchilla comes running up to my hand, pops up on his back legs lightening quick like a frat boy dared to flash the sorority plegdes and sprays my hand with urine. The little bastard. I shoulda made a purse out of him...
                "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

How charming.

I just spent a hunnert bucks on a picnic shelter at a park so I don't have to have my kid's birthday party at home, even though I'm much rather, all because I have a lightfingered cousin whose mom is evidently not teaching him better.

Always nice when you can't even trust your own family to not help themselves to your stuff.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    Always nice when you can't even trust your own family to not help themselves to your stuff.
                    Yep, that really sucks. But there are ways to deal with the problem...

...like how I handled my brother when I caught him stealing from me. That is, I beat the shit out of him. Never had that problem again Of course, he ran off to my mother to try and get me into trouble. But, his story soon fell apart. Not only did he get his ass beaten, but he had to pay me back for what he'd taken...and then got grounded for stealing in the first place. How's that for an unholy trio of pain
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ahh, but the "inflict pain upon their person" option sometimes comes with an unwanted accessory, "assault charges". May want to avoid that whenever possible.

My brother stole from me all the time. I found out after the birth of my son, he stole my painkillers and sold them to his friends. The problem corrected itself, eventually, he went to prison. For stealing from strangers, not me. Beating him up was never an option. Like ever.
                      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                        My brother stole from me all the time. I found out after the birth of my son, he stole my painkillers and sold them to his friends. The problem corrected itself, eventually, he went to prison. For stealing from strangers, not me. Beating him up was never an option. Like ever.
                        I went through that with a stepbrother back when I was in high school. Not only did he sneak into my room and take videotapes/cassette tapes/one of my notebooks that had a story I was working on it it, but he also liked to go into my brother's room and take some of his Star Wars figures.

Although my brother may not have been able to explain what had happened very well (he had a speech impediment when he was a child) but Mom knew exactly what happened when she'd hear my brother screaming and then stepbrother (not to mention furniture getting knocked over because my brother shoved him and proceed to beat him with his fists.) She'd go and not ask, but DEMAND he replace my brother's stuff back in his room and warned him NOT to go in there ever again.

Of course, stepbrother would "deny" it, then it'd change to "everyone thinks I'm a thief, waaaaaaaaaaah"

Then my stepdad (his dad) would beat his ass when he got home from work, after a good verbal chewing-out.

That got corrected by itself in the end too: he was still living with us for a time after my mom and stepdad separated. Right after Mom remarried (a little over a year after stepdad left and the divorce was final), stepbrother showed his ass not only the night before the wedding, but the following weekend after the honeymoon.

Mom and new hubby simply packed up his duds and took him back to his dad. He's currently serving time in state prison (due to be released next May) for B/E, stealing business checks, uttering (that's signing your name to a stolen or fraudulent check and attempting to cash them for those not familiar w/the term) to support a drug habit.

I don't think he realized that Karma paid him back.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

hunnert bucks on a picnic shelter at a park so I don't have to have my kid's birthday party at home
                          Mom did that once... Her eldest sister's husband had passed away and Mom held the reception in our home instead of in her sister's. That way there would be no temptation to "appropriate" anything before the will was read. (especially since a lot of the stuff in the house had been from her family line and not his)

Comment

My parents were pretty awesome in making sure my brother and I were treated fairly. They had one blind spot though, my brother's constant theft and destruction of my things. My room was placed in such a way that, if I didn't shut my door, you could see in from the kitchen, living room and TV room. To give you a visual of how open my room really was, everyone used the backdoor about 12 feet from my bed, in a very small house designed for a couple, a kid, and a home office. I don’t think I need to say who got the bonus “office room,” or that I had no privacy unless I shut my door. My room was barely bigger than me and in the suburbs of San Diego sometimes the only wind you get is 102 degrees Fahrenheit; I rarely shut my door so I rarely had any privacy. End BG

Anyway, my brother used my room like a magical storage area where he could obtain anything he wished, for free of course. He constantly stole money from my piggy bank and tore up my stuffed animals when he was bored. He did get a little heat for the stuffed animal thing because I cried for three hours straight. The only problem in this case (and many more like it) was my mother would punish him by putting him in my room with the door open so she could make sure he didn’t goof off. She couldn’t watch him all the time. He used to use the punishment as a way to rummage through my things and when bored, destroy whatever interested him. Did I mention my brother at 12 was a conservative 5'9 and topped out at a good 150 pounds? I was nine and did not inherit the same gift for height. I would try to tell my parents but they both grew up in households where, for various reasons, they never had many possessions. They just didn't get why I was upset about what he was doing. More often then not I was punished for whining and acting selfishly.

The thing is, my brother wasn't usually a jerk. While we're generally apathetic towards each other now, I still have many fond "big brother little sister" memories. He just felt entitled to my things. My parents didn't actually take it seriously until their gas station turned into the magic storage room. Let's just say this about that, it isn't very smart to only drop 400 on an 8 hour holiday weekend shift and have a load of inventory go missing (while your working) the day of your best friend's bonfire. He was very lucky he was their son AND had only spent some of the money or he wouldn't have survived his teens.

At least it’s taught me to honor what I owned and still let go when the time comes. Plus, karma, my five year old nephew has started boosting money from his daddy's wallet.

Comment

Quoth platypus View Post
                              Plus, karma, my five year old nephew has started boosting money from his daddy's wallet.
                              Like father, like son. Karma is wonderful.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X