This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another mother of the year nominee

I was working last night at my PT job. We don’t have employee restrooms so I got to see yet another “Mother of the Year” award nominee.

They were just coming out as I was going in. 2 younger girls, probably 7 & 9 years old, with their mother. Being kids, they’re dawdling and taking a few minutes to finish up. I'm already in a stall, so the lady knows someone is in there.

MOTY-“Hurry up! I don’t have all night to be waiting around for you!”
    Girls-“But Mom, we need to wash our hands!”
    I hear the water click on, and it’s been on for all of 3 seconds and MOTY, “OK, that’s good enough, let’s GO!
    Girls-“But Mom, we haven’t even used soap!”
    MOTY-“Who cares! Let’s GO!”

Yeah, I made sure I didn’t use that sink. Little H1N1 anyone?

Oh and as a side note, this was at like 10:30pm the night before the first day of school. Way to go!
    Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Well, the 10:30 on a school night is bad planning, but really, we don't know why mom was in such a hurry. She may have had hand sanitizer in her purse, and knew they were on the way home. There may have been some sort of emergency. We don't know, really.

Or she could just be one of the gross, unhygienic people that are the reason pandemics get started. Could go either way, really.
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
    X