This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer pars woe

My man has had a rather rough year. It is also rare that he gets presents for his birthday let alone Christmas from his family.

So, this year I decided to splurge and offered to buy his a bare bones computer kit (something he has been wanting so he could put together his own computer) for his birthday. He found one he wanted for $400. On Thurs night last week, I went ahead and ordered it for him.

The order went through fine. I have all packages I order sent to my place of work because I sleep duing the day and no amount of begging and signature authorizations will either UPS or FedEx just leaves packages, and I am often sleeping when they knock.

I have ordered TONS of things in this manner for years now. Only this time did this cause a issue...

On Friday I am on my way out of town, and I get a call on my cell. It's an 800 number, and we are going through a part of MT that has little cell coverage. I let it go to voicemail. I listen to it, but the message doesn't refer to what company it is, only that it's concerning an order & doesn't mention an order number or anything. I erase it, because they did not mention if they were what company only that it's concerning an order. I think, telemarketer...

Late Sunday night I check my email & I have revieced an email from them saying my shipment has been put on hold, and gives me a number to call. I think perhaps my card went screwy or something. I call them at work during a break and they say I have to call another number 8am-5pm Mon-Fri (I had to ask them if the number was different, then they finally give it to me and happens to be the same number that called me on Friday).

I was running on 2ish hours of sleep in 24 hours, so I was tired. I waited and called. I was only hold for awhile, asked for my name and order number, put on hold for awhile...and then asked if I worked where my shipment was being sent. I told them yes. They then asked me if they could call this & verify it. (WTF) I told them, "I have worked there for 7 years, so I am sure they would verify it!" They immediately put me on hold before I could ask questions...as to who the hell cares? Send it to where I want! They get on & say it's been verified that I work there, thanks for calling the package is on its way. *click*

I was annoyed. I wrote an email asking for an explanation & the response was like I was writing a congressman...they were vague & bounced around my questions. The only response I got from a question I asked was, "We have never shipped to a hotel before." Bullocks! I know as a fact that random & strange companies have shipped to our hotel for guests! Now, why did they have to know if I worked there!?!?!?!?! What a headache!

Anyone have an ideas?
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

They might have been concerned that it was potential fraud. I'd guess that if they hadn't actually shipped to a hotel before, they'd be concerned that it was being used as a fairly anonymous place to pick up illegally acquired goods. I can see the scam the possible scam - if you're ordering goods with a stolen credit card, shipping to a hotel would be a fairly good way to hide who really received the goods.

Comment

Given the product, they were probably worried they were going to get scammed (even if it did get paid for right).

Cleaning supplies, foodstuff, home stuff (like furniture/etc), I wouldn't think anything of that going to a hotel. But a bare-bones computer setup, hotels wanting that shipped to them would make me think they ordered the wrong thing, someone was scamming, or maybe someone just wanted it at work. 2/3 of those being a bad thing would cause me to call just in case.

Comment

Working...
      X