This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone ordered a... Placeholder?

I went to get my flu shot today, and man, that place was PACKED. The line reached all the way out the door. Anyway, this woman evidently needed to get somewhere else for a few minutes. But she doesn't want to lose her place in line (neverminding that she could just turn around and ask someone (me) to remember that she was there)

So what does she do?

She orders a pizza. When the pizza delivery guy shows up, she pays him, and then tells him "Wait in line for me" and runs off. And mind you she doesn't pay him anything extra. She just expects the pizza guy to wait in line for her.

Now that really got my goat.

However, my mood was eased by getting to play with adorable kids in the waiting room. I told them that the cell phones were going to eat them, and attacked them with my little clamshell phone.

It was adorable.
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Quoth Hyena Dandy
    She just expects the pizza guy to wait in line for her.
    Did he wait in line for her?
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
      Did he wait in line for her?
      Yep. He held her place, probably expecting he'd get a generous tip. He clearly didn't understand how sucky people can be.

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Poor guy >_<

If I were that driver, I probably would have said that I'd get in trouble for doing it...if she insisted, tip up front...>_>
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
          Yep. He held her place, probably expecting he'd get a generous tip. He clearly didn't understand how sucky people can be.
          Did you and everyone else help eat the pizza?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'd like to see someone chasing kids around with a cell phone
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
              I'd like to see someone chasing kids around with a cell phone
              Its gonna eat you! That's why people always have phones up to their heads, you see. It looks like they're talking on them, but they're really trying to pull them off, and are crying for help in top secret conversational-sounding code.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Poor guy >_<

If I were that driver, I probably would have said that I'd get in trouble for doing it...if she insisted, tip up front...>_>

If that were me the UP FRONT tip would have to be VERY generous (like $20). sorry but since I do not know how long you are going to be gone (esp IF you did NOT tip me up front) you just lost ME money by stealing my time (as in delivering other orders) and and the possiblity of earning other tips and the fact that our deliveries are TIMED from start to finish (esp if you are Dominos via their website tracker and now Papa John's with some stores partnering with pizzatracker . com) ie if my delivery time is TOO long we get penalized and I could get into trouble or written up.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                X