This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I am the blind"

This happened a few years ago so some details might be fuzzy.

Alright so I'm in line at the train station waiting to buy a ticket to get home.

and this guy bumps into me from behind (i was the last person in line when I got in, as in no one else behind me).

I turn and he says in a pretty thick accent.. Italian i THINK but im no expert on accents.

'I am the blind, can I go ahead?'

I tell him, no sorry, i've got a train to catch and can't risk missing it (true. although im pretty sure i didn't say 'sorry').

few issues I had that just pissed me off.

A. if he's 'the blind' as he claims HOW did he get to the little roped off line area from the doorway of the station with no assistance etc.(which is a good 50+ feet away).

B. the obvious lack of a walking cane or seeing eye dog, or a friend/companion to help guide him. (I've got a blind friend and while she doesn't ALWAYS take her cane with her everywhere she has it with her 99% of the time and the rare times she doesn't she makes sure she's with someone she trusts.)

C. I dont CARE if you're blind. how does that entitle you to ANYTHING special? I was born 4 months early and am blind in one eye.... does that mean I get to jump a line? NO i wait like everyone else.

Anyways After I get my ticket i'm waiting for the train and I see the 'blind' guy back in line (for what I dont know) attempting to use the 'i am the blind' speech on OTHER people in line to get ahead.
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
    C. I dont CARE if you're blind. how does that entitle you to ANYTHING special? I was born 4 months early and am blind in one eye.... does that mean I get to jump a line?
    Yes but only halfway to the front
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

and it makes me wonder if he's used that line before
      (not that he's blind but... perhaps the line itself has worked before)

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
        Alright so I'm in line at the train station waiting to buy a ticket to get home. and this guy bumps into me from behind (i was the last person in line when I got in, as in no one else behind me).
        Were you missing anything afterwards? That sounds supiciously like the actions of a pickpocket, especially if you saw him doing it repeatedly.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Were you missing anything afterwards? That sounds supiciously like the actions of a pickpocket, especially if you saw him doing it repeatedly.
          No i wasn't missing anything.

although this was about 4 years ago when i was in college so... I didn't HAVE anything. Even if he took my wallet (congrats I have no money on me, no credit card, and maybe $50 in my account that YOU can't get at since you don't have my bank card PIN #) lol.
          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

"I am the blind" reminds me of "I have the dumb, I cannot brain today." If he wasn't blind, sounds like he had the dumb, if he thought that would work.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
            X