Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to walk in a restaurant angry, walk out as a fool.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to walk in a restaurant angry, walk out as a fool.

This happened a few months ago, but one day, my dad offered to go out and get some lunch together and to get some more driving practice in before I scheduled my drivers test for my license (which I now have as of mid-July, and celebrated that, by going to the very same place as in this story). Since I didn't have work that day, I took him up on the offer, and 30 minutes latter, we were in Fork, Maryland, at a small American-Greek grill.

So we put our orders in at the counter, sit down, and have our Greek Subs (think sorta like a cheesesteak, except it's got thick slices of meat, mushrooms, onions, and a sauce of some sort), everything is going ok, and being a Wednesday at 1 P.M. it's pretty quiet, just us 2, 4 guys having lunch and a beer, a retiree, and a guy picking up for carry out, the manager sitting at a table next to ours doing some paper work and excel spreadsheets on his laptop and 2-3 staff.

Well. it was quiet until some woman came storming in... you could just tell with in 2 seconds of her walking in, that some fireworks were about to happen.

SC= Entitlement idiot
    M= Awesome manager of the place
    E=Employee

E: "hello, how can I help you"
    SC: *Extremely Angry* "I want to make a complaint"
    E: "Alright, then, please tell me the complaint"

Now at this point, the manager is quietly listening in for now, and all someone who doesn't know him, would assume that some guy had just stopped in for lunch and was handling some work on his laptop by his appearance.
    And to make note, we've talked to him in the past, when he first opened up the place, he was very friendly, common sense kind of guy from what I knew.... or so I was still thinking

SC: *scans the desert/specials menu above the counter, then snotty* "You had a banner outside advertising regular/premium ice cream, but you only have Soft serve"

E: Ma'am, we only have Soft Serve, would you like some?"
    SC: "NO! because it's soft serve and you advertised Premium/Regular"
    E: Well I'm sorry ma'am, but that's all we have"
    SC: "Well then, remove that banner, otherwise I'm going to report you for false advertising!"
    E: "No... "
    SC looks stunned and starts getting louder and angrier at the female employee
    SC: "So your just going to keep on telling a lie to your customers?"

finally, at this point, the manager just leans back in his chair and started laughing
    M: "Ma'am, I suggest you look at that banner again"
    *SC glares towards our direction, to where the manager is seated*
    SC: "This isn't any of your business!"
    E: *smiling* "Actually... it IS his business... he's the Owner and Manager"

I had to look down for a minute to prevent my self from laughing at the look on SC's face

Restaurant 1- Idiot 0

SC: "Why's that?"
    M: "Because if you actually bothered to read the banner in question, you'd notice it's advertising the Iced drinks we offer, such as Iced coffee, and NOT Ice cream

Restaurant 2- Idiot 0

SC *Blinks a few times* But. you don't have Premium/Regular ice cream and I...
    M: *snarky/cynicaly* Will report me for not selling you food I neither carry nor advertise? Yea shame about that, so would you like some soft serve or Iced coffee that we advertise and do sell?

Restaurant 3- Idiot 0...
    mean while I'm sitting there trying to stop my Otaku gamer self from shouting out "PWNED! or laughing my ass off

Except the SC went ballistic again
    "Well that's not my only complaint"
    me: *thinking* You can't be serious... you came in and made your self out as a fool... and your going for a second swing at it?... your loss lady, my lunchtime entertainment...
    M: *Listening patiently* "And this second complaint is?"
    SC: "Last Friday night, I was here with my two sons, and their spinach pies were soggy"

Fun fact time!: Guess which 20 yr old was also there on that Friday night, having dinner with his parents
    Hint: His screen name begins White and ends with Wolf

Guess who he never saw there, nor complaining during that busy, night there.
    Why.. the little gem of stupid standing there sounding like a whiny little fool

Manager: "Ok. and it's taken you 5 days to report it?
    SC: "Well what do you mean?"
    Manager: I would've rectified such an issue if you told me Friday night, it's now Wednesday. if it was that awful, why did you let them keep eating it?
    SC: I uh. uhm..
    Manager: *trying one more time at a kind gesture* "Now heres my question, do you still have your Receipt?
    SC: "No."
    Manager: "Sorry, nothing I can do"
    SC: WHAT?!?! YOUR NOT GOING TO GIVE ME A REFUND OR GIVE ME A FREE MEAL?!"
    M: "Your right, I should get right on that, and bend over backwards for one rude person who I would've rectified the situation for if hadn't they hadn't been screaming and bothering my customers and lose money just so that they come back and bother my Customers and Staff all over again."
    SC: "IF I WENT AND COMPLAINED TO THE MANAGER AT ANOTHER RESTAURANT THEY WOULDN'T TREAT ME THIS WAY"
    M: And that's their choice, or corporates choice.... however, since I'm the owner and manager of this place, this is my choice...
    SC: *pulls out a 10 dollar bill and starts waving it in front of him* "See this? You're never getting this from me again! I'm never going to spend my money here again, and you'll go out of business!
    M: *Sarcastic* "I'll shed a tear that I'll have one less person spending their money here, who I rather not have here in the first place

the SC's face just turned red, and she finally said: "I"m going to post your Restaurant name on a blog about how poor your service is! How do you feel about that! What do you have to say now."

The manager couldn't have been more calm and cool with what he said next
    "Great... tell them also how you got banned from my restaurant by being rude to my customers and staff with your shouting and behavior. Get out"

SC looked stunned, opened her mouth, but only grumbled under her breath

I muttered: "Don't let the door hit you in the face, idiot"

But the prize winner went to one of the 4 guys who were having lunch and beer. He stood up, and spoke loud enough so that even the SC leaving heard it too:

"Hey I'd like to have one of those soggy spinach pies.I think their pretty good"
    Everyone just broke out laughing at the idiot, and she quickly hustled back to her car

When my dad and I got up to leave, we talked to the manager, and joked a bit, and agreed with his reasoning, and decided to order some milk shakes to go, he instead, discounted them (and the guy with the retort got a free second beer, and discount for the rest of his table, as do the other 2 customers on their meals

Of course.. we got the discounts on the milk shakes, after the manager made sure it was fine if soft served ice cream was used.

Epic. Win. 'Nuff said.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth WhiteWolf View Post
      mean while I'm sitting there trying to stop my Otaku gamer self from shouting out "PWNED! or laughing my ass off
      Allow me, another gamer, to humbly entitle you.

PWNED.
      "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

to the manager!

Also, mmm, Greek Food, I want some now.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

That guy is my hero!

Comment

PWNED! That manager has my

Comment

Can we clone the manager?

*prepares the Cloning Machine*
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                That guy is my gyro!
                Edited for my amusement; the Greek food pun was too much to resist.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And the Manager does too! That was great; made my night!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You know, I've passed that place a hundred times and have never eaten there.
                    Now I must!

Great story, BTW.

Comment

Quoth WhiteWolf View Post

-CLIP

Fun fact time!: Guess which 20 yr old was also there on that Friday night, having dinner with his parents
                      Hint: His screen name begins White and ends with Wolf

Guess who he never saw there, nor complaining during that busy, night there.
                      Why.. the little gem of stupid standing there sounding like a whiny little fool
                      And as a gamer myself, I would have shouted, "OBJECTION!"
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

*prepares the Cloning Machine*
                        *shuts down and pushes away the killing machine*
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I thank everyone for the compliments, but the praise goes all to the manager, I'm just simply the story teller who was an observer of it while eating lunch there

Although, I like the Cloning idea!
                          Last edited by WhiteWolf; 09-09-2009, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Awesome. Can I clone him?

Comment

That story is full of win!

Comment

Working...
                              X