Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titanic sucks. I haven't seen it all (wouldn't be caught dead), but caught the ending right as Leo dies. Cheered for the TV and got glared at by everyone, until I asked when the stupid chick was gonna bite it, too, THEN I had things thrown at me.

So, apparently there's more than 5 that don't like it.......

Wanna know a secret?

I also cheer for Darth Vader. That started about 20 years ago when I was trying to piss off my brothers.
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

The Czech word for coffee is "kava". The word for tea is "caj" (pronounced "chai"). I once dealt with a new acquaintance who asked, very loudly (in that all-foreigners-are-deaf tone) for chai tea at an Indian restaurant. I told her that data masala tea is the equivalent. This woman claimed to have lived in many different countries, but she still talked to everyone as if they were deaf and not very intelligent.

I cut the acquaintance short when she called me up and asked if she could move in with me while she was waiting for a new place to open up.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        This woman claimed to have lived in many different countries, but she still talked to everyone as if they were deaf and not very intelligent.
        Was she English, by any chance?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
          d. I tried asking bartenders if they knew the drink that James Bond liked.

Where a traditional martini is Gin and Vermouth, a James bond martini is made with Vodka and vermouth. Plus, by having it shaken, it bruises the alcohol and makes the taste stronger.
          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Was she English, by any chance?

Rapscallion
            No, American. Seems like I'm always running into loud American tourists. They try to latch on to me - "'Scuse me? 'Scuse me? 'Scuse me?"

I walk on by and pretend I don't speak English. Hey, if you don't speak the language of the country you're visiting, buy a phrasebook. Don't expect everyone to hold your hand once you're there.

Comment

Titanic = one of the most pointless movies EVER. You know exactly how the bloody thing's going to end.

Tearooms = blasphemy to sell coffee!! Nasty gunk. Tea is the lifebloooood...
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                2. Weren't the *real* people on that ship of any interest, or at all worthy of being remembered?

To be fair, they do have a portrayal of Molly Brown, who I believe IS a real person.

I like your siggy.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

She was. She was known as the "Unsinkable" Molly Brown, since she survived the Titanic disaster.

Comment

That's what I thought, but I wasn't totally sure.

I read too much, and things get jumbled together sometimes.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X