This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude and considerate cell phone guy at the gas station

Friday nights seem to be the busiest for gas stations around here, and I think it's because people get prepared for outings on Saturdays, or the like. In any case, my car was close to empty; we talking fuel light on, ready for the needle to make it to "E". I pulled into the BP station and noticed almost, but not all, of the pumps were occupied. The one I used was hard to get into thanks to this guy who parked his truck on his island and almost half of this free one. Somehow, I got my car in there, but I had also noticed this guy in his truck, yapping away on his cell phone.

It took my probably three to four minutes to do my stuff, from sticking my card into the reader, to pumping my gas, putting the handle back on the machine, etc. This guy, meanwhile was still yapping on his cell phone and by the time I was getting back into my car, he finally got out of his truck, still yapping on his phone, and then started pumping his gas. So, what this means is here we all were at a busy gas station, other customers were pulling in looking for a vacant pump to use, and an asshole like this not only took up one and a half islands with his truck, he also had to sit a few minutes hogging up this pump so he could yap on his phone. I should also mention that the hose barely reached my gas tank because I could not pull my car all the way in.

This is similar to people who would pull in during a really busy part of the day, and instead of just pumping, paying, then driving away, they would open their hood, check their oil, check their tire pressure, check their hoses, etc. No consideration for others.

What an asshat!

Besides idiots like this, I hate it when there's huge lines at the pumps and some clown goes inside and _shops_ instead of moving their vehicle after getting gaw!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      What an asshat!

Besides idiots like this, I hate it when there's huge lines at the pumps and some clown goes inside and _shops_ instead of moving their vehicle after getting gas!
      Yeah, that happens a lot here, too. I posted something a while back about a woman who parked, then went inside for beer and cigarettes while people were filling up to prepare for an oncoming storm. She also had to light up before pumping her gas, which meant she ignored the "no smoking" sign in front of her.

Comment

I think you meant rude and inconsiderate? I kept thinking, where's the nice guy?

And let's give a special mention to the idiots parking in front of the tire pump or vacuum so people can't use the darn things.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hmm, that's when you take a plastic bag and pop it by the guy's ear, shouting "BOOM!" Cause that's what happens when you use your phone or light-up at the pump

Think of it as a true-to-life PSA!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I think you meant rude and inconsiderate? I kept thinking, where's the nice guy?
            Yeah, I guess I can't spell now. LOL
            Last edited by protege; 09-14-2009, 07:57 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote tag :)

Comment

Moved to sightings. Please note that if it didn't happen to you at work, it should have been here in the first place.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
              X