This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My seat. MINE!(Bus suck story)

Today I was out and about and using my cane as my knees are acting up on me lately. I get on and oh look. women w/ small children taking up all the handicapped seats. I don't make them find somewhere else and find another seat. That should have been it.
    The bus wasn't full. It got 3/4 full at one point, but not enough for what followed. This woman got on the bus and decided I was in her seat. She tried to make comments at me, I have my headphones on and couldn't hear her so pause my ipod to see what's up. She wants my seat. There is a empty seat right next to me. I look at her like she's stupid. She gets going in a ew way. She can see my cane. I'm in a pretty pissy mood at this point so I am going to make this hurt.
    "Ok, let me get this straight, so I understand. Correct me at any time I miss the facts. You want my seat? Even though there are seats next to me and across from me? What possible reason do you have to try to make a handicapped person get out of a seat and give it to you?"(Timed so the bus driver heard it when closing the bus doors. His attention was got.)
    I becken over the bus driver and ask for his take on it. His take is look at the lady who wants my seat and ask if she's a trouble maker.
    "I feel I should have that seat."
    Are you disabled?
    No
    Yet you think you should take a seat being used by a disabled person?
    Yes.
    Why?
    She's not sitting in those seats, so its a free seat.
    The seats I would normally sit in are covered with tourists and a woman w/ 2 small children. He looks. So? She(points to me) isn't sitting in those chairs making issues, which she could if she wanted and I'd back her up.
    Whats that, you want her seat? Why? No reason? Just to give someone who walks with a cane a hard time. You will find a place to sit that is not hers. Let the poor woman ride in peace... no I'm not going to let you sit next to her, you'll be a bug in her ear till she leaves the seat to get away from you and you'll have your precious seat. Go to those seats on the other side of the bendy part.

And there we get my bus ride today.

I'm surprised you weren't tempted to whack her with your cane. XD

I've gotten that from people before. I have a bad back. This is not obvious, however it's a fact; a motorbike accident years before caused my bad back. Therefore, if I am in a seat, that seat is mine. I have had people glaring at me and on a few occasions, people demanding I get up and let them have that seat. Surprisingly, not from disabled/elderly people at all; it's nearly always mothers with children and the able bodied.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

WHAT THE F*CK!!! Obviously, if you're in a seat, it is yours. What realm of pucker-a**ness and putrification did she pull her unholy self out of!?
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

yeah that's a "fuck off and die" moment

Comment

Actually, about that time, I'd have turned my iPod back on, given her a smile and gone back to whatever I was doing before she interrupted my song. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and never ever mess with someone who has a cane. Those things hurt!
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I think I like this driver.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              WHAT THE F*CK!!! Obviously, if you're in a seat, it is yours. What realm of pucker-a**ness and putrification did she pull her unholy self out of!?
              No kidding. If someone is in a seat, you look for an empty seat. It's not rocket science.

Stupid hag was looking for a fight and figured the lady with the cane would be an easy target.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I had sprained my ankle a while back and was on crutches and people actually glared at me for being in the front seats! Its not like I could hobble to the back.

That lady was a moron! People make me sad.

Comment

I rarely need a cane, but the way my knees are, I do own one; Better to have and usually not need, than to need on a bad day and not have.

I was helping a friend of mine with some shopping one day, me with my cane and him in his wheelchair. While riding the bus, this woman with two little kids got on, and simply FREAKED that between me, my friend, a man on crutches, two elderly gentlemen and a woman in another wheelchair, all the front seats were occupied. She actually had the nerve to try to get the bus driver to kick us out of the seats, on the grounds she had chronic fatigue syndrome, and she had two little kids with her.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                    She actually had the nerve to try to get the bus driver to kick us out of the seats, on the grounds she had chronic fatigue syndrome, and she had two little kids with her.
                    I could be wrong on this one but having small children may explain the fatigue better than some syndrome. Either way, she had not right to demand anyone else needing those seats leave. I can understand why they give breaks to parents with kids but I see that abused way too much.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I fail to see how the seat was "free" when someone was sitting in it!!

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Where does she say she wasn't tempted?
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Me either. I don't know about the rest of you...but if some idiot was giving me crap, I'd be hard-pressed to *not* say "knock it off, or I'll make sure that *you* need a cane"
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

But then the idiot would no longer be the one at fault and if you can't make it look like and accident it's assault.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                          X