X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez, McDonalds....

I just sent this email to McDonalds, about my order this morning:

I visit this store quite frequently, as it is on my way home from work, and usually have no problems.

I went through the drive-thru this morning, and ordered 2 Egg McMuffins and a large soda. When I got to the window, I was given a Sausage McMuffin, a hashbrown patty, and a soda. I politely informed the woman at the window that my order was wrong, and stated that I had asked for 2 Egg McMuffins with a soda. She handed me a new bag, which contained 2 Sausage McMuffins. Once again, I handed it back and asked for my correct order. During this interchange, the woman at the window acted as though I was creating a needless hassle, and was rather rude. Finally, she handed me a third bag. I looked inside quickly, not wanting to hold up the line any more, and saw an Egg McMuffin on top. I decided to risk it, and accepted the order. When I got home, I found that I had still been given 1 Sausage McMuffin.

Is it really that hard to get a simple order right, especially when the customer has repeated it clearly? This incident will make me think twice about visiting your store.

Thank you for your time.
    I hope I didn't come across as an SC/EW!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Nope, not sucky or entitled sounded at all, you ordered what you wanted, you did not get what you ordered so you insisted on getting what you wanted/ordered/paid for, entirely reasonable.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Sounds like you went to the crappy McDonalds that's down the street from me.

I would suggest calling corporate on Monday too. I've found they're more responsive to calls, especially if it's a franchised location that isn't doing their job.

However, that didn't much good with the crappy one near me. They still suck horribly.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Doesn't sound sucky to me in the least.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't have said "Is it really that hard to get a simple order right, especially when the customer has repeated it clearly?" I honestly found that a bit catty.

I think I would've said something like "Please emphasize the importance of filling orders accurately" instead. But that's just me.

Otherwise, this is a pretty good letter. I can appreciate the frustration of having to repeat yourself and get three incorrect orders.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If/when you do call corp. Include date and time.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Personally, I wouldn't have said "Is it really that hard to get a simple order right, especially when the customer has repeated it clearly?" I honestly found that a bit catty.

I think I would've said something like "Please emphasize the importance of filling orders accurately" instead. But that's just me.

Otherwise, this is a pretty good letter. I can appreciate the frustration of having to repeat yourself and get three incorrect orders.
              Considering that it was pointed out several times there was a mistake and it still wasn't fixed, it needs to be mentioned that the customer did their best to let them know there was a problem. Not catty in my book.

After the second time, it's just time to pull into a parking spot and just get your money back. It's not worth the hassle of trying to get something right when the employees just don't care to get it right.
              Last edited by fma_fanatic; 09-26-2009, 10:11 PM.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Leo Getz warned you about the drive through 20 years ago

Comment

Nope, you were fine. Wonder what was up with them?
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You didn't sound the *least* bit sucky, that's probably thew most polite and calm complaint I've ever read. There really is no excuse I can think of for getting the order wrong that many times, and it's very wrong of them to act annoyed at you, for just wanting what you ordered. :/

Comment

I don't put much faith in human memory these days. Not even my own. Whenever I want to order something from ... well, actually, almost anything or anyone these days, I generally get it down on paper and ensure it's legible.

Nevermind the fact that I am actually nearly incapable of speech. (Pretty bad speech impediment.) When it's written down, it's very difficult to get it wrong, because there can't be much room for communication errors. If your handwriting is illegible, that's one thing; but if they get it wrong despite being given a note, then there's something desperately wrong there.

Either they'll be relieved to get a note, (I would be.) or they'll just throw it out or confuse it with something else. Bleh.
                      SC: "Are you new or something?"
                      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Joi, I find it strange; it seems they really wanted you to have sausage! They even hid some under your egg mcmuffin
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          I would agree, if she hadn't given them two opportunities to fix it, and they still got it wrong. At any rate, we've certainly seen much worse comments, and over smaller issues, too.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                            When it's written down, it's very difficult to get it wrong, because there can't be much room for communication errors. If your handwriting is illegible, that's one thing; but if they get it wrong despite being given a note, then there's something desperately wrong there.
                            That's one of the reasons I love ordering online with Pizza Hut.

And, the one time we got a pizza that wasn't at all what we wanted, I checked the order form before calling and realized that I had screwed up the order, and they had merely given me precisely what I asked for.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              That's one of the reasons I love ordering online with Pizza Hut.

And, the one time we got a pizza that wasn't at all what we wanted, I checked the order form before calling and realized that I had screwed up the order, and they had merely given me precisely what I asked for.

^-.-^
                              A massage with a happy ending?

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                              X