This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday SCs

Well, this didn't happen at work, but at my home!

Someone stole the Halloween decorations out of my garden!

But the decorations (more expensive ones) in other people's gardens are still there.

WTF?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Wow, that's just wrong. How much of a cheap asshole can somebody be to steal somebody else's holiday decorations?!!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      Wow, that's just wrong. How much of a cheap asshole can somebody be to steal somebody else's holiday decorations?!!
      What kinda asshole do you have to be to steal the cheap ones when there are fancier ones next door?

If you find him, hang him from the roof. That'll be a good decoration. >

Please note: The opinions in this post have been provided for entertainment purposes only. Hyena Dandy does not actually suggest solving problems with rampant murderism.
      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post

Please note: The opinions in this post have been provided for entertainment purposes only. Hyena Dandy does not actually suggest solving problems with rampant murderism.
        Are you sure? It would be appropriate for the holiday.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Shit! Now that it's dark I noticed that the F*ckers stole all the solar lights bordering my garden! I'm sure THOSE weren't offending anyone.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
            Are you sure? It would be appropriate for the holiday.
            Generally it assumes that the individual has already expired previously, though.

Somewhat less flippantly, this site (for which I'm not officially speaking, for the record) kinda frowns on real advocating death or serious injury, which is probably why HD included that line at the end.
            No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

What assholes! > I just got one of those orb light thingies, that glows 7 different colors and am afraid to put it out because of assholes like that. May karma take care of them.

Comment

We do a huge Christmas display every year. When there were a lot of kids in the neighborhood they would swap everything around between the yards no problem you would just go down the street and swap everything back. Then two years ago one of our Wise Man was stolen now we have to go and tack everything down with stakes and string.

Comment

A few years back there was a rash of thefts of Christmas ornaments from lawns around the city. It actually happens every year, it's just that two particular years were worse. Thieves sometimes went to the trouble of untangling lights from trees/bushes and making off with them. Anyhoo, people were understandably upset. And many residents had some really nice (and expensive) ornaments stolen, including one resident's antique set of reindeer ornaments handed down through her family.

During the holiday break of the second year, a local fraternity had a rather large and boisterous party. Cops were called. And the officers were quite surprised to find hundreds of Xmas lawn ornaments decorating the lobby area of the fraternity. Not quite sure who ultimately was held accountable, but there was a lot of backlash and at least some residents (including the lady with the reindeer) got their items back.

And then last Christmas some jerk was going around popping lawn ornaments. You know those horrid inflatable monstrosities that are oh so popular nowadays? I hate them too, but I'm not about to trash someone else's harmless fun. Jerks.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I've had stuff stolen off my property so many times. When I was a kid and we hung our Christmas lights, we'd get them stolen. Found them down the street, literally lying along the gutter. I re-hung them and tied them to the bushes with string. The big lights along the roof and sides, people were stealing the bulbs out of them.

Later when we got our own house, we had people using our garden hose and leaving the water running, stealing the roses from our front bushes, even had my MIL's car stolen from in front of the house and my car broken into (they stole my change). (Not to mention the graffiti on our back yard wall and the crack pipe left on our front lawn!) Seriously, ? What is in your neighbor's yard belongs to your neighbor; go buy your own stuff. Bastards.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

People can really suck, sometimes.

That said, even in all the low-rent, places I've lived, I can't remember ever having our Christmas lights (which never got taken down between seasons) stolen or even messed with. And our last place had a huge star in lights on our garage door. I was really proud of how well that came out.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am disapointed. Nothing so major has happened to me before. Only the ceramic pot of sand I had out for the neighbors because they were smokers and I prefered they used that instead of 'my' garden. There have been a lot of new people coming-in these past few months, but I can't blame them. For all I know, it's kids, or someone visiting.

Comment

At the side of our building under the kitchen window, there's a small section of yard. We actually give a crap about how it looks; the management company doesn't really care what's done with it as long as it's kept clean and nothing's being done that attracts animals. Currently I'm trying to plant something.

I had a koinobori (carp kite) hanging there for a while in the spring. One day, it was gone It wasn't disturbing anything.

The mystery was solved when an old guy who sits out there blasting sports radio was seen taking the stake as well. The kite was later found by mom in the next building's trash room (our complex is basically a giant "H" and all the buildings are connected via the basement). If you're going to take something, next time try not tipping the item's owners off to where you live.

I also had a Halloween wreath stolen from my apartment door last year. That was found in my building's trash room the next day (what. the. HELL).
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-01-2009, 03:49 AM.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            I also had a Halloween wreath stolen from my apartment door last year. That was found in my building's trash room the next day (what. the. HELL).
                            I'm thinking Mr Sports Radio has a dislike of your decorating tastes and thinks it's somehow acceptable for him to steal your decorations.

You might consider raising this issue with whoever runs the place. As a general thing for all tenants.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You know, I actually did check the dumpsters at both ends of the complex, just to see. Found some cool stuff (people moving out, yay!), but not my decorations.

I've now decorated the garden with little fabric ghosts on sticks. Let's see how long they last; I couldn't figure-out how to electrify them...

Comment

Working...
                              X