This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should rename this section "Smellings"

So, I did a little shopping today. I wandered off to my tailor, the guy who personalises high-vis vests for me. I am now to be known officially as the Tofu Ninja, for those interested.

While my order was being prepared, I wandered into the local HMV for a browse of the DVD section. It didn't take me long to wrinkle my nose.

Mighty Cthulu's bowels! What had created that foul miasma? I could barely see for a moment, and it wasn't just because my eyes were watering. I felt my beard hairs curling as they singed.

Blessed relief came as an assistant arrived to spray a can around, but he didn't manage to cover the entire aisle before the can emptied.

Had someone had intestinal trouble? I can honestly say that it smelled nothing like that. It was the pure stench of an unwashed body that had been rotting from the inside out for the half-life of polonium 210.

Oddly enough, I returned some time later to continue my browsing, but there was a subtle ... fragrance in the air. I can only hope the security guards had tossed them out on their ears. Whilst wearing thick gloves, I have to add...

Rapscallion

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    It was the pure stench of an unwashed body that had been rotting from the inside out for the half-life of polonium 210.
    138 days.

*is smug*
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Mighty Cthulu's bowels!
      That's the name of my new band!
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

And a bonus of five Cats of Ulthar to Raps for using Cthulu, miasma, and polonium in the same post.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X