This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy story (1 & 2) was ruined

Me and my housemates, all being animators, wanted to see the rerelease of toy story 1 and 2 in 3D. the movie theater near us was showing the double feature and we all immediatly headed out to see it. we went to the 8:30pm show on a tuesday, because we figured the crowds would be small and would have a low chance of babies being there... we were wrong, but that wasn't all that went wrong.

The movie was suppose to start at 8:30, but never started until 9pm. an usher came in and offered everyone a refund. we didn't hold it completly against them, so we shrugged it off. whatever. before the movie even started we hear a little girl say to her mommy "mommy, I'm scared" and the other little boy said "daddy I'm tired". mom of the year replies "shut up"... oh great... that's a great start.

The movie finally starts and we are treated to some high quality 3D, as par for pixar flicks... but every 5-10 minutes the little girl would wail and cry. she would run up and down the isles as the parents did nothing but occassionally say "shut up" and "what the fuck do you think you're doing" or "shut the fuck up I'm watching a movie". real award worthy.

No where during the first movie did they actually ever turn off the lights. the movie warned us there would be a 5 minute intermission inbetween flicks... which is when the lights turned off... you know... when people want to actually walk around...

Now we were started to get annoyed. we didn't blame the theater for the loud baby and terrible parents, they don't control that... but late movie and lights being wonky... are they even peeking into the theater to make sure it is running ok!? the reason it started late was because of a technical problem, so I would think they would want to keep a close eye on it.

whatever... so the 2nd movie starts and "WAAAHHHHHHHHHH" constant crying time. no more 10-15 minute breaks of silence. this girl was wailing. the father of the year figures the best way to shut her up is "hold" her on his lap. I put that in quotes because every few minutes he would drop her inbetween his legs and the seat infront of him, making her cry even more.

Eventually the whole theater couldn't hear anything so everyone, and I mean everyone, turned and stared at him.... waited... and finally it looked like he was getting up... no... he is just holding her in the isle off to the side "WAAAAHHHHH" still crying. finally he leaves and we get to watch the last 20 minutes of the movie in peace. because we are big fans of movies, we stay through the whole credits, plus toy story 2 has funny bloopers at the end that looked great in 3D... but... right when they started... the sound cut out and never came back. we knew if we complained, by the time we came back, they would be over anyway. so we finally decided to try to get our money back.

Late showing, whatever... no lights off... ok thats annoying... cutting out sound?.. last straw.

So we walk out of the theater to try to find anyone working... no one... we eventually found one guy who was in normal clothes walking out who asked us what was up. we were taken back because we didn't know he was an employee, but once he stated he worked there we issued our complaint. he said he would look for a manager and went up the elevator. 10 minutes go by and we see one guy run by us, over a divider, and out the front door... we wait 5 minutes. a janitor tells us the manager left 2 hours ago and we couldn't get a refund until tomorrow. my one friend asked where the other guy went, and the janitor said that elevator is the only way out from upstairs besides fire exit steps... so the guy... took his coat off, and ran by us in hopes we wouldn't recognize it was him 5 minutes earlier...

the complaints now are piling up. a couple comes out and state they will ask for a refund tomorrow aswell, so we cordinate a time to go and get it together..

that was one of my worst theater experiences ever. late show, lights messed up, sound cutting out, and employee avoiding us. yea, we better get our money back after the last 2 stunts.

Oh, and bonus Info. the baby girl didn't have 3D glasses on the whole time. she said they didn't fit so she just threw them off... which is why she was running up and down the isles... she couldn't see anything even if she wanted to watch the movie! I understand having kids is hard, but you have to except the fact that if the kid starts crying, you should leave. if the kid is scared, you shouldn't have seen this movie (and not tell the kid to just shut up). and if the kid says "I'm tired" before the first movie even starts at 8:30 (and will be going well past 12 midnight) YOU SHOULDN'T GO TO SUCH LATE SHOWINGS! most kids that age are in bed by that time, and on a weekday they have school the next day... what the hell was going through their heads!?

You have my sympathy.

I even tried midnight showings of movies (although they are mostly for opening night of big budget highly anticipated movies).....and of course, someone brought a baby to those as well.

If it isn't wailing babies and their stupid parents who ruin my glorious gut-wrenching horror flicks, it's those stupid disrespectful, shaggy haired tight jeaned teenagers *shakes cane*!!!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Gah....

When I went to see Jurassic Park, there was a parent that brought a kid to see the movie. After the dinosaur ate the lawyer, the kid just started crying so for the rest of the movie all I heard was crying and the mother saying, "There there...It's not real...". Sheesh. If hadn't already seen the movie, I would have been more pissed.

Then when I went to see The Two Towers, some assholes thought it would be fun to have a laser pointer at the screen....

Comment

that sucks, nothing I can't stand more than people in a theater that disrupt the movie for EVERYONE else.

latest occurance i had was when i went and saw zombieland on sun.

some guy in the aisle me and my gf were in got up... roughly TEN times within the first 20 minute of the movie... I mean hell we just sat through 30 minutes of commercials and previews you couldn't have gotten up and done whatever was so important THEN. was the shitty new twilight trailer THAT important that you just had to wait for the movie to start before you got up shuffled out the door, came back like... 30 seconds later shuffled back to your seat... rinse repeat 10x every 5 min or so.

as for all the tech. problems the theatre was having... can you find a new theatre? I dont go to my local one anymore unless i have no option because it sucks. I'll drive the 30 min i need to go to the AMC in a diff city. At least I get a GOOD movie watching experience (theatre-wise, no accounting for other audience members) :P
        Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

I saw Zombieland Tuesday and in the front row was a lady with a baby, in the beginner car seat where you can take it everywhere. Luckily (i guess for me) the baby was quite, but that was probably because it couldnt hear anything since it was so loud any way.

Comment

The theater I saw Star Trek VI in--an older one that used to be a single-screen deal complete with balconies--had a room in the back with a door and a window, and a speaker inside, intended for parents to take unruly children to.

Sure wish they had those everywhere. But then, parents-of-the-year probably wouldn't use it anyway.
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              The theater I saw Star Trek VI in--an older one that used to be a single-screen deal complete with balconies--had a room in the back with a door and a window, and a speaker inside, intended for parents to take unruly children to.
              My church had one of those, called the Mothers Room. Never seen a theater with one, but that is a good idea.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                You have my sympathy.

I even tried midnight showings of movies (although they are mostly for opening night of big budget highly anticipated movies).....and of course, someone brought a baby to those as well.
                This is one thing I like about LHM Megaplex Theaters... LHM was a bit of an asshole and I've heard the family members who took over aren't that much better (hence why I normally avoid those theaters), but they do not allow ANYONE under 18 into the midnight showings... and even earlier in the day, if it is a big new release they'll have the movie playing on two screens, one of which is for over 18 only.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I love our new theater near us. They have a VIP theater where they will put R movies and no one under 21 can get in. Also they serve beer in this theater.

Just wish they would put Toy Story and other animated movies in there

Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                    I love our new theater near us. They have a VIP theater where they will put R movies and no one under 21 can get in. Also they serve beer in this theater.

Just wish they would put Toy Story and other animated movies in there

We are SO lucky, we have a cinema pub less than a mile from our house. The only drawback is that the movies shown are usually about three weeks later than those at the other cinemas. BUT they only cost $3 each (others run around $8), popcorn, candy and drinks are cheaper than the other cinemas, and they also serve meals (sandwiches, pizza, burritos etc) at a reasonable price (they have tables in front of the seats). Movies before a specific time serve no alcohol, movies early evening do serve, but children can be there with parents, and after that time, no children allowed, bar open.

It's absolutely great!

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                      Also they serve beer in this theater.
                      Beer, you say?

It would be nice, but I doubt that would happen in my area. Here in PA, the liquor laws are pretty strict. A lot of the restaurant chains that normally sell beer don't have it in PA.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        Beer, you say?

It would be nice, but I doubt that would happen in my area. Here in PA, the liquor laws are pretty strict. A lot of the restaurant chains that normally sell beer don't have it in PA.
                        Wow, even here behind the Zion curtain there's a place called "Brewvies"...beer and a movie. good stuff. :-D
                        Coworker: Distro of choice?
                        Me: Gentoo.
                        Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

MadMike, you may be surprised... even Utah has places that serve beer in the theater.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                            My church had one of those, called the Mothers Room. Never seen a theater with one, but that is a good idea.
                            I would love to see one in a movie theater too. Less screaming kids and babies in the theater. Would be nice to have one for the dumb little tweens.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I saw TS 1 & 2 on thursday with my little sister. There were about a dozen other people in the audience with us. Thankfully, I think the youngest was like, 16, in a group of older teens and they were blessedly silent the entire time.

The only issues we had with the movie were occasionally near the end of the first movie, the whole system froze briefly with a stuttering sound and we all of us thought it was funny. Thankfully, none of the glitches lasted very long, so despite that, it was awesome to see the movies in 3-D!

3-D really puts things into perspective when you can suddenly see EXACTLY how small a toy is, in comparison to everything else around it!!
                              "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                              ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Working...
                              X