Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they take the kids to a kids movie, the kids don't want to be there, the other patrons don't want the kids there, but the parents insist on staying?!

WHAT THE HELL?!

Comment

Now, the sucky behavior of the employee at the end is undebatable. But for the rest...

Am I right in understanding that en ENTIRE audience of people sat through the whole first movie with the lights on? Not to mention the kid running up and down and crying?

Why not simply walk outside for a couple of minutes DURING the movie to inform the staff of the lights and the unruly child? I'd much prefer that over suffering through two movies and then demand a refund at the end.
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
        Now, the sucky behavior of the employee at the end is undebatable. But for the rest...

Am I right in understanding that en ENTIRE audience of people sat through the whole first movie with the lights on? Not to mention the kid running up and down and crying?

Why not simply walk outside for a couple of minutes DURING the movie to inform the staff of the lights and the unruly child? I'd much prefer that over suffering through two movies and then demand a refund at the end.
        Entire audience equals about 12 people. there weren't alot of people in the theater, and the lights were "dimmed" so they were at the intensity they would be for previews. we really didn't notice it until about 1/2 way through the first movie, it was a slight annoyance, but the fact they never checked in to make sure the movie was running ok (after it fritzed and never even started for 20 minutes to begin with) was unforgivable.

telling staff of an unruly child wouldn't do anything there. they are notorious for not kicking out children, plus it was a kids movie, though at 9 at night going past 12am. we only wanted our refund for sure when they cut the sound out right at the end. we wouldn't have cared, we would have sucked it up because everything was a compound of minor annoyances (though the kid was very loud) but cutting out the sound in the last movie was the last straw. thats why we demanded a refund, as I had clearly stated in my op

Comment

This is why I love the Alamo Drafthouse. No kids under 6, and under 18 must be accompanied by a parent.

Add in beer and a real menu, no ads before movies (before Transformers 2, they showed old Transformer cartoons), managers who will kick out noisy people, and fun, off the wall showings like a collection of zombie short films on Halloween or weekly anime showings... yeah, I'll drive 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes to go to their theater I'm so spoiled!

Comment

Working...
          X