This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Which I'm In L.P. Mode Even Off-Duty

No real suck here, but I felt I should tell the story.

I was at the local Big G grocery store, which had just finished renovations to match the new corporate look. Part of this included self-checkout registers. I was only buying a couple cases of Diet Coke, and the regular registers all had lines. Plus, I was in something of a hurry, so I hopped on SCO. Of the four they had, one had a customer with a large order, no go there. One had someone ringing up produce, which takes longer, so no go. The third already had another person in line behind the one using it, so no. So I end up behind this lady.

I wasn't too thrilled about waiting behind her, either, since she had a case of beer (which requires a clerk come over and approve it), and she couldn't get her eggs to scan. So the clerk shows her how to use the keypad to do it herself, and then helps her pack up the things she's already rung up. She goes to do this as well.

Then she walks off with her cart.

I'll admit, for a moment, I'm dumbstruck, believing she's just moving her stuff aside a moment, but no, she keeps going for the door. And she hasn't paid yet.

I quickly bring this to the clerk's attention, and he rushes outside, catches her just outside the door, and brings her back. She's all flustered and immediately apologetic, pays for her stuff and leaves without further incident. The clerk thanks me for letting him know, I tell him it's not a problem, ring up my sodas, pay, and leave.

As I said, no real suck, just had to relate the story.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Maybe she thought the machine would scan her dna, access her bank acounts via her neurons, and deduct the appropriate amount of money automatically!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
    X