Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually all the CC issuer knows is that a company makes a charge, not whether they're a brick-and-mortar store, an e-commerce store, or both.

"Lock first, then talk with the owner" isn't that uncommon a response from CC companies. At the very least, the fewer potentially fraudulent charges there are, the less they have to hassle with straightening things out afterwards.
    No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

I had a customer last week who tried SEVEN credit cards..on the 8th that one didn't decline. To be fair 4 of them were Amex gift cards she didn't know the balance on. She was at the register for 25 minutes having me try different cards. Luckily it was a slow day and she was the only customer in the store...
      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

For the past umpteen years, I used my AAA VISA solely for renewing my AAA membership annually. About a month ago, when I got my new card in the mail, it said "Gas Rebates" on the front of it, so I started using it to purchase gasoline. I immediately received an email saying that my card had been frozen for "unusual purchases" occurring. I called them up and explained that yes, it was me, and it was all legit. About a week later, I received a snail mail from a company whose name I did not recognize, wanting me to call a number that did not match the number on the back of my card, about possible fraudulent purchases. Raise the RED FLAG! I called the number on the back of the card and got everything all straightened out. The letter turned out to be legit.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
        X