This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litterers In Action. (very short)

Just saw this outside a local Dunkin's as we were driving past. A group of people were busy taking trash out of their car and dumping it on the ground in the middle of the parking lot, and then drove off.

Mom was disgusted but I told her it wasn't uncommon (heh, proof I've been here too long). Month ago I had to go sweep up several broken Miller Lite bottles in the middle of the parking lot at Aid of Rite because a couple geniuses were drinking them in the middle of the day and smashed the empties on the ground.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I used to work fast food doing overnights on the weekend. Each morning I'd circle the lot with broom and dustpan, cleaning up the empty food containers and beer bottles from people having a drunken picnic in our parking lot.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I was off on a NatureScene shoot for the Edge of Appalachia episode in southern Ohio when we found where someone had dumped a bunch of bagged trash off the side of an access road into a preserve we were in.

So we just cracked it open and found many, many bits of nicely addressed mail inside. So we called the ranger and he said to leave it in situ and they were gonna send some guys in Smokey the Bear hats out to take pictures and round up evidence for when they went and put the guy in the back of their little car.

Can you imagine being busted for littering by Rudy Freaking Mancke? (Rudy Mancke is a locally well known naturalist here, but we travelled all over the place while we were on the road and people recognized him from the show.) Shameful.
      Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-13-2009, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        I was off on a NatureScene shoot for the Edge of Appalachia episode in southern Ohio when we found where someone had dumped a bunch of bagged trash off the side of an access road into a preserve we were in.

So we just cracked it open and found many, many bits of nicely addressed mail inside. So we called the ranger and he said to leave it in situ and they were gonna send some guys in Smokey the Bear hats out to take pictures and round up evidence for when they went and put the guy in the back of their little car.

Can you imagine being busted for littering by Rudy Freaking Mancke? (Rudy Mancke is a locally well known naturalist here, but we travelled all over the place while we were on the road and people recognized him from the show.) Shameful.
        Wasn't there a song with something similar happening? Did they use 8 x 10 color glossies with circles and arrows and a note on the back?

I hate people who litter. Lately my apartment complex has been crawling with them, makes it look worse than it is. Geeze...move the 10 fucking feet to throw the thing away properly. It's not like there aren't plenty of containers around.

Comment

Back before my parents were married, Mom and Dad were driving along the highway going home from out of town when the car in front of them tossed a full garbage bag out the window and onto the road.

Dad pulled over....he opened the bag to see if he could find anything with that person's address on it....sure enough, he found mail addressed to that person.

So he spent a little money on packaging up all that garbage and shipping it back to Illinois, where it came from.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            Wasn't there a song with something similar happening? Did they use 8 x 10 color glossies with circles and arrows and a note on the back?
            Indeed there was. It's the first part of the "Alice's Restaurant Masacree" on the album Alice's Restaurant, by Arlo Guthrie. In the first part he talks about how he was arrested for littering.
            Cop: We found your address on an envelope under a half ton of garbage.
            Arlo: Officer, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope under that half ton of garbage.

On the record (a thing that used to be made out of vinyl back in the days of the dinosaurs) Arlo says "This is the end of the first half of the massacree. If you want to hear the second half you have to turn the record over." In the second half, Arlo is called to take his physical for the draft, but is rejected for military service because of his criminal past. Quote: Are you saying I'm not good enough to join the army, burn men women houses kids and villages after being a litterbug!
            Women can do anything men can.
            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
            Maxine

Comment

It's amazing how many people leave stuff that identifies them in their illegally dumped trash.

The Shit Bird Next Door (my ex neighbor) would leave his trash around and dogs would drag it all out into everyone else's yards. this was a regular thing. He tried to claim it wasn't his trash when the cops finally were called and charges were pressed, but we had his mail and his medicine bottles (for either blood pressure or errectile dysfuction, not sure which) plus other identifiable things.

He was so damn stupid.
              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-13-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                Back before my parents were married, Mom and Dad were driving along the highway going home from out of town when the car in front of them tossed a full garbage bag out the window and onto the road.

Dad pulled over....he opened the bag to see if he could find anything with that person's address on it....sure enough, he found mail addressed to that person.

So he spent a little money on packaging up all that garbage and shipping it back to Illinois, where it came from.
                And people wonder why I call people like this FIBs.

The stereotype of a FIB does exist. I didn't make it up, folks.

Of course, not everybody from the state of Illinois is a FIB. Just the people who seem to think that they own us because they've got a vacation home in Door County they venture to every weekend.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Did they use 8 x 10 color glossies with circles and arrows and a note on the back?
                  LOL, that was my first thought when I read that, gotta love Arlo Guthrie!! Let's just hope that in this case, justice isn't blind

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    LOL, that was my first thought when I read that, gotta love Arlo Guthrie!! Let's just hope that in this case, justice isn't blind
                    And Arlo's still going great. His humorous stuff is good, but so is his serious stuff - "When A Soldier Makes It Home", "Wake Up Dead"...

(owner of 22 Arlo albums, lacking 8-10)
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My boyfriend saw a guy doing this; throwing crap out of the cab of his pick-up truck. My boyfriend and his friend ducked-down by the door and tossed everything the guy threw-out into the bed of his truck...and the guy drove away with all his trash

What makes me nuts is dirty diapers in the parking lot!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Back when I was in retail, the apothecary next door had someone dump a whole load of household waste (after some sort of house refurb) in their paid-for waste collection bin. Checked and found address easily enough - one of their more important customers.

Said customer woke up one morning to find it on their driveway.

Rapscallion

Comment

My wife (God love her!) has actually watched people in a parking lot throw things out of their window, gone over to it, picked it up, and handed it to them through the window, saying "You dropped this." On more than one occasion.
                          Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Lately my apartment complex has been crawling with them, makes it look worse than it is. Geeze...move the 10 fucking feet to throw the thing away properly. It's not like there aren't plenty of containers around.
                            I have this problem in my own complex.
                            We have two buildings (i belive both are ten floors, i know mine is!) and it almost seems like they share garbage dumpsters. we recently got new supers (our old ones were EPIC but couldnt take the stress! its sad cause they were awsome and got shit done and kept it clean!) and they dont make sure the dumpsters are empied on time, so their always overflowing and then the raccoons and squirels get to them....and its just messy!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                              I used to work fast food doing overnights on the weekend. Each morning I'd circle the lot with broom and dustpan, cleaning up the empty food containers and beer bottles from people having a drunken picnic in our parking lot.
                              Same. Would get to work on a Saturday morning and have to walk around and clean.

But what was most annoying was seeing a family drive up and dump some trash in my dumpster. Whoa that sounds bad.

They could not understand why they could not put their trash in the dumpster that we paid for. Freakin idiots

Comment

Working...
                              X