Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back where i come from, people would take their junk, such as old refrigerators, couches and other large items out onto the logging roads and dump them there, rather than at the town landfill.

nice to know that even rednecks in asscrack, wa can get into the act of destroying what's normally an appealing area.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

This is almost as bad as littering: Every single fall, it gets VERY windy here. It happened last year, it's happening this year, and guess what? It's gonna happen next year. People seem to forget over summer, though, that they need to secure their garbage cans! It's hard for me to drive my paper route when I'm swerving around trash and trashcans all the way down the street!

I'm always fishing for tips, so sometimes I'll pull over and pick up for my customers (especially if it's the beginning of the windy season and they got caught off guard). One customer, though, has his can blow over EVERY WEEK. No, sorry, not my job. To this day I'm still not sure if it ever hit him just why there's trash strewn across his driveway each week.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I can amass quite a lot of trash in my car (food wrappers [though I tend to throw that stuff away fairly promptly], plastic bags, assorted paper things), but recently when I was emptying it out, I used the old plastic bags I had in my car to put the trash in, then tossed it in a trash bin in the parking garage I was sitting in. I never leave my trash just lying around like that.

Some people's children. Tsk.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

We've told our 9 year old daughter that when she's older if she is ever on a date and her date litters, she should never go out with that person again - sort of like the "never date someone who's rude to the waitstaff" kind of thing. It's indicative of deeper problems.
          Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

My little girl likes to point at people and say, "Mommy, that person is a LITTERBUG!" in a volume only a 5 year old in public can manage.

I used to have to take the broom and dustpan to the TB lot every morning I worked. It was sometimes a game - what weird thing will I find today? In addition to the assorted trash, I found : the head to an action figure, insulin syringes and a blood monitor, bullets, empty shell casings, an ipod (smashed to hell), assorted CDs, and even once a side mirror off a car. People are crazy.
            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I just remembered something I saw once at the wholesale club. This was years ago, shortly after I was trained for FDLP. It's late in the evening, and I see this young, early-teenage kid come up with this garbage sack filled with old textbooks.

He starts throwing them out into our garbage bins!

Now, I wasn't sure if this was kosher or not, but I decided to err on the side of caution. I didn't want our maintenance guys to throw out their back having to empty a trash bin that contains a dozen old textbooks!

I tell the kid he can't throw that stuff out in our bins. He gives me a look, but walks away. I should have kept an eye on him, because all he did was go to the trash bin at the end of our vestibule, out of my line of sight from the door, and dump them there.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Smokers that toss their butts out the window really piss me off. Even in today's enlightened times, almost all cars are still equipped with ashtrays!

SirWired

Comment

I'm a smoker and I HATE smoker litterbugs. Butt Buckets are less than $3 at Wal-Mart and fit right in the cupholder in your car.

That and they can be taken anywhere you want.....no excuse to throw them on the ground.

Two of my former downstairs neighbors.....two degenerate males in their late 20s, ALWAYS threw cigarette butts (amongst other refuse) all over the downstairs porches and by the parked cars.

My crazy elderly downstairs neighbor, Old Bitch, ALWAYS blamed my next door neighbor Randy and ME for it. As in, she swore up and down that we threw them from upstairs all over the parking lot.........and I'm sure the stupid old cunt saw the two degenerates do it at least once or twice.

Not only that, all of the downstairs elderly neighbor's friends come over to visit, park in everyone else's spots (another rant for another day), lit cigarette in hand, ALWAYS tossing it onto the ground as soon as they get out of the car. So every now and then, Old Bitch will yell at me or Randy to quit throwing cigarette butts on the ground....even though we AREN'T doing it.

I wish the stupid old cunt realized that since the degenerates moved out, all of a sudden there's a lot less cigarette butts and other litter everywhere.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                    Smokers that toss their butts out the window really piss me off.
                    Me too. Not only is it unsightly, it's a serious fire hazard. I used to live in Arizona, where the brush and wild flora got tinder-dry during the seven-month-long summers. All it takes is one carelessly-tossed cigarette to start a raging wildfire.

Even if your car doesn't have an ashtray, there are inexpensive and safe car ashtrays, as blas pointed out. There's no reason whatsoever to be so careless with your cig butts.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And the best thing about the butt buckets is that they extinguish the smoke right as you drop it in, so the smoke doesn't linger.

Those things are a smoker's paradise.....
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

over at another message board i use to go to....

one of the guys said he saw some guys (business men i think) throwing their fast food trash out of the car window.

what they didn't expect was ... him... picking it up and throwing it back in the window.

i think he scared them.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          what they didn't expect was ... him... picking it up and throwing it back in the window.

"Hey, you dropped this" *throws trash back in* "You're welcome!" *walk away*
                          Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                          Me:

Comment

Working...
                          X