This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Sign at store

Was down in the deep south this weekend for a holiday (as in, wayyyy down the bottom of the south Island) and at the local 4Square, like a mini mart, and I saw a sign taped to the cash register/belt bit.

"Please be advised we do not give change or cash out larger than fourty dollars"

but the best bit was the piece underneath, part of the same sign, not added on or anything

"In other words, dont embarrass yourself by buying a pack of gum and paying with a fifty or hundred dollar note."

Last edited by ApolloSZ; 10-13-2009, 02:20 AM.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
    Was down in the deep south (as in, wayyyy down the bottom of the south Island) and at the local 4Square
    You a kiwi???

I wish we could do that but where I work $100 bills are standard. Even for a 40c item!!!!! grrrr

Comment

Yep, I'm a Kiwi, born and bred

Why the surprise? lol.
      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

That's awesome. The most awesome one I've seen, though, was at Alida's. It's a place that sells homemade jams and jellies, as well as chocolate-covered dried fruit and stuff like that. My mom and I were in there, looking for a really good peach syrup. There was a sign behind the counter that I couldn't help but stop to look (and giggle) at:

Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy.

According to the guy behind the counter, it was actually highly effective.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Firecat - The other one I've seen (towards the other end of the country lol) was

Unattended children will be sold for medical experiments.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
            Firecat - The other one I've seen (towards the other end of the country lol) was

Unattended children will be sold for medical experiments.

You win.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
              Yep, I'm a Kiwi, born and bred

Why the surprise? lol.
              Oh, when you said "Deep South" and then mentioned an island, I got confused. I was expecting the setting to be Mississippi or Alabama, and involve rednecks, racism, the name "Bubba," inbreeding, the Republican party, the Democratic party**, intolerance, or any combination thereof.

And being a Texan, I'm allowed to say all that.

(** The American South is, as a whole, conservative -- guns, god, and patriotism and all that, but it's also home to notable Democrats like Clinton and Gore.)
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Lol don't worry, alot of people this way have their own stereotypes of deep south america etc. I blame the movies. And tomatoes

(Only because I really, really dont like Tomatoes. Lol.)

Comment

In downtown toronto (a very touristy part of the city which i live in/LOVE) there's a Ben and Jerry's store (its closed i think) but they have a ledge and i guess they got tired of having people sit on it cause its got a small laminated sign thats says:
                  "Sit on this ledge and Zombies will devour your brains! --Management "

I even have a picture of it!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...t=P1010494.jpg

Comment

Quoth Wench View Post
                    In downtown toronto (a very touristy part of the city which i live in/LOVE) there's a Ben and Jerry's store (its closed i think) but they have a ledge and i guess they got tired of having people sit on it cause its got a small laminated sign thats says:
                    "Sit on this ledge and Zombies will devour your brains! --Management "

I even have a picture of it!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...t=P1010494.jpg
                    So I take if your name isn't Elizabeth Bennet, you're not supposed to sit on the ledge?
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                      And tomatoes (Only because I really, really dont like Tomatoes. Lol.)
                      Creepy, me too!!!!!
                      But i blame my years at BK. Slicing those tomatos with that horrid machine, seeing all the moldy and rotten ones and that smell!!!!

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
                        Slicing those tomatos with that horrid machine,
                        Is that the contraption that is about a foot long, and has 5 or 6 bare blades mounted horizontally in parallel, and a handle to push the tomato on through after you've started it by hand?

I still have a scar on the tip of my index finger from that thing, even after 32 years!
                        It really didn't help that when it happened, I had to open it up to see how deep it was.... Tomato juice really stings!
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Thats the one! Ugh!

Comment

Working...
                          X