This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SC at dinner.

We went to a local restaurant who was having their lobster dinner special ($11 for a lobster dinner - 1.25 pound lobster and a side, not a bad price).

I'm assuming the people behind us got the same thing (well, I saw the waiter deliver some of the specials to their table) and a while after they get it they complain to the waiter (mind you, long enough to eat a lobster):

"These lobsters were bad, were you trying to poison us?"

"What was wrong with them?"

"There was green stuff all inside the body of mine and his had the green stuff and red stuff".

I'll give a minute for the people who've eaten lobster before to laugh their asses off. Done?

Inside EVERY lobster is the liver - called tamale (sp?). It is green and usually has the consistency of guacamole. Yes, this is a normal part and many people eat it (including my wife who can't get enough).

As for the red stuff - chances are the other person had a female and that was the roe (lobster eggs). Also, another perfectly normal part of the lobster and many people eat this (including my wife again).

They started to demand to not pay for the meal. I don't know how it ended since we left but my wife did comment, loudly, that the tamale and roe in the lobsters were very good in her (and my) lobster to the waiter.

Yeah, sometimes she can be a stinker to SCs, too.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

lol sounds to me like they either a) have never had lobster before and know *nothing* about it or b) running a scam.
    did they eat the entire thing before they complained?
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

I don't know, I didn't check but they did have their food long enough to have eaten it.

One way to know - check the legs. If they took those off them it is clearly a scam.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
        lol sounds to me like they either a) have never had lobster before and know *nothing* about it or b) running a scam.
        did they eat the entire thing before they complained?
        You're right on that, since not too many people know about tamale and roe. But I have a good feeling they were trying to scam the restaurant.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Never had a whole lobster before, so I'd probably ask a waiter politely what the red and green stuff was, but I wouldn't bitch about it.

I've had lobster tail; it is yummy. If I could afford to, I'd eat lobster every week. XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've never had the red stuff before but if I remember correctly, the green stuff is pretty good.

Comment

If they had gotten bad lobster, they would know. Food poisoning from shellfish sometimes mimics an allergic reaction. Hives and swelling. I know this from experience.

Sometimes with food poisoning from shellfish you'd also have numbness around the mouth and in the arms and legs...and problems speaking.

So, they were either scammers or just had never had lobster before.

Comment

How very shellfish of the SC's to demand free food.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                  I didn't know there's other stuff besides lobster meat inside a lobster!
                  "meat" is muscle.

Lobsters also have hearts and gills and stomachs and livers and kidneys and all the other bits and pieces that make us up.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    How very shellfish of the SC's to demand free food.
                    Awesome. Just Awesome.

Comment

Suddenly I'm a little glad I've never had real lobster. Sounds icky
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                        Suddenly I'm a little glad I've never had real lobster. Sounds icky
                        Nah, not really. Well, the whole process is messy but well worth it.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I guess the lobsters aren't emptied of all non-meat bits before serving? Or do they just take out the inedible bits?
                          I may not know how most restaurants do it, but allow me to impart to you the ancient secrets of the Steele Family Lobster recipe. It goes as follows.

Take one (1) lobster.
                          Add one (1) lobster pot.
                          Boil
                          Consume
                          Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            "meat" is muscle.

Lobsters also have hearts and gills and stomachs and livers and kidneys and all the other bits and pieces that make us up.
                            Don't be silly, lobsters are just strange creatures that consist only of shell and meat.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              Don't be silly, lobsters are just strange creatures that consist only of shell and meat.
                              People seem to think the same thing about crabs.

I've seen people eat the damn lungs after cracking a small hole through the shell.

Comment

Working...
                              X