This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    There is an old Yellowstone story (40's? 50's?) my dad mentions about the tourists who wanted a cute picture...

Of a bear holding their baby!
    http://www.amazon.ca/Death-Yellowsto.../dp/1570980217 - I read this book about a decade a go. All kinds of ancedotes about people, usually tourists, who met their demise... usually because of their own actions or carelessness.
    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

When I own land, I will totally get a bird feeder....the cats are indoors only and watching the birds will amuse them

Speaking of bears, I remember reading a story about some park (probably Yellowstone) where a ranger noticed a woman smearing honey on her kids face......to get a pic of the bear licking it off. Not sure if it is true, but I wouldn't be surprised it it was.
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Wasn't that in the Darwin Awards somewhere?

There's a juvenile mountain lion around my dad's development that apparently has a taste for peanut butter sandwiches. The only thing we can come up with is that it surprised a hiker, who threw his lunch at it to distract it (why it didn't just run down the hiker I have no idea).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

See all the deer in my area run cause they know folks out here will happily shot them for dinner. Mmm...venison.

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
          The cubs were playing and romping in the grass and all these tourists were gathering around the cubs taking pictures and getting BETWEEN momma and the babies. Some people had bread and shit to give to the CUTE WIDDLE BEAR BABBIES!
          Please tell me Mama went on a rampage and mauled a few of them...please?
          Last edited by Ree; 10-25-2009, 09:44 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
          "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Did you hear about the old lady in Colorado who got eaten by bears recently? Although she'd been told by the authorities to stop, and her neighbors were angry about bears coming around their homes looking for food, she insisted on feeding a bunch of them from behind a chickenwire fence deal she set up in front of her garage doors.

Word to the Wise: Chicken wire doesn't stop hungry bears.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
              Some people had bread and shit to give to the CUTE WIDDLE BEAR BABBIES!
              How is babby formed?

How bear get pragnent?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X