This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not To Sell Comics 2: Not Selling RPG Supplements

Okay, on Saturday, I needed a supplement book from Vampire: The Requiem, because I got the wrong one off Amazon and didn't have time for mail-order because my game was Sunday it was Saturday. In my defense, it had a similar name. (Vampire: The Requiem: Bloodlines: The Chosen, I got Vampire: The Requiem: Bloodlines: The Hidden)

I called around, and sadly the only store in the area which had it in stock has appeared on this site before, in How Not To Sell Comics, when I was yelled at for buying mainstream comics.

Of course, I figured the chance that crazy goth chick is at the store is pretty small, I mean, you can't exactly blow up about someone buying mainstream comics at a store with the Green Lantern in the window and keep your job, right? Besides, the risk is worth being able to run a good game.

Ah, alas, it seems fate had dealt me a cruel hand. Once again, crazy goth chick is at the counter. Well, I decide to quickly go get the book and get out.

So, I bring it up, and she asks if I like vampires. I say yes, and she asks if I like Twilight. I shrug, and say that its not my style, but I understand its the appeal because its the same reason I like James Dean movies.

She totally blows up on me. I mean, completely blows up. This is the reason that I can't post the whole convos, because it was a huge rant that was mostly unable to be heard. Something about how they're nothing alike, and James Dean is a hack, and how I should be ashamed to... Uh... I didn't catch the next word, but I think I'm supposed to be ashamed about cheese.

So now, I have a few questions. I've only been here a couple times, and I have to ask

1) Does she freak out like this at everyone, or does she not like my face or something? O_O

2) Why is she the only one in the store?

Most importantly, though...

How the HELL does this girl still have a job?
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Try complaining in writing - for some reason, it's taken more seriously if it's in black and white. if they have some sort of headoffice, send a copy to them too. If all else fails, just tell everyone to avoid that shop in future.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Hyena Dandy View Post
      How the HELL does this girl still have a job?
      Relative of or sleeping with management person. Or management person wants to sleep with her and is putting up with her crap for that reason.

Comment

Wow, I really wouldn't have seen that one coming.

She just proved, though, how much of a poser she is: Twilight "vamps" are so stupid that I can't come up with an appropriately disparaging word for them that would be acceptable to print here! I mean really, they can't go out in the sunlight because the sparkle?!?! And dissing The Rebel in the same breath? This girl needs a bottle of bleach dropped on her faux-goth wardrobe.

But I may be biased: I play White Wolf games. WW vampire truly understand despair.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
          Try complaining in writing - for some reason, it's taken more seriously if it's in black and white. if they have some sort of headoffice, send a copy to them too. If all else fails, just tell everyone to avoid that shop in future.
          Best suggestion. Write a letter. Obviously she's bad for business.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Maybe she just freaks out with you but somehow I doubt it. Have not seen Twilight and nor do I really care to with all the fawning teenie fans. My fandom of vampires comes from the made for TV version of Salem's Lot from the 70's....scary stuff. And although some people don't like it, I enjoyed Interview With the Vampire movie.

Comment

I'm betting she probably freaks-out on anyone not buying what she thinks they should buy or not thinking what she thinks they should be thinking. I would definetely complain; who'd want to shop in a place like that?

Twilight was ok; I'm always interested in the different interpretations on vampires and werewolves, but I like the regular type of vampire better, like from Charline Harris' 'Southern Vampire Book Series.' Mmmmm....Eric Northman...
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

My mother is a fan of Twilight.....
                "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I would probably go there all the time if I could since the only comics I ever buy are Ninja Turtle comics, and not even the cool violent underground Ninja Turtle comics but the ones based on the cartoon that introduced new characters faster then the factory could pump out the acompaning action figure, so I'm sure her rants at me would be funny.

Comment

And over at the swamp, we have a whole mall-aisle display full of Twilight paraphernalia.

(yay, I can spell paraphernalia without relying on firefox spell check! )

Anyhow, we have t-shirts, board games, posters, candy, and probably the books themselves on that damn display.

All this because some people can't get enough of the sparkly vampires.

Dammit vampires are not supposed to sparkle! It is an abomination to God and mankind!
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Dammit vampires are not supposed to sparkle! It is an abomination to God and mankind!
                      But Vampires themselves are an abomination to God. Many myths, and most of the older ones, have them selling their souls or at least working in cahoots with the Devil. So maybe the sparkling is a step in the right direction, then?

I mostly just think it's hilarious she thinks James Dean is a hack but Smeyer isn't. I wonder what scale she's using?

I should go back to my local comic shop. I know I'm not cool enough to shop there but they at least have the decency not to say it out loud.
                      Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                        My condolences.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

She reminds me of the comic book guys in Fanboys. The part when they yell at the Star Trek fans who want to buy the tricorder or communicator or whatever it was. The Star Trek fans are all like, "If you hate Star Trek, why do you have a tricorder for sale?" The guy answered that it was to weed out the lame Trekkies.

(BTW - I am a Star Trek nerd, I like Star Wars ok, but not as much)

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                            I don't LIKE Twilight, but at least I understand the appeal. Its the same appeal as James Dean.

You know, but with more sparkles. And baseball. And pedophilia. And less gay.

So not that much like why I like James Dean. But anyway.

But I may be biased: I play White Wolf games. WW vampire truly understand despair.
                            Especially Nosferatu.
                            Last edited by Hyena Dandy; 10-21-2009, 08:19 PM.
                            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

What a twit.

I've probably been a fan of vampire lore longer than she's even been alive. Poseur.

I don't do sparkling vampires. Or tweenie vampire romance junk. Bleh.

... Malkavs might sparkle... but it would be sinister if we did, so there!

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X