This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein a SC thinks my brother is rude

My brother also works at a hotel, but since he doesn't have a username here I'm posting the story. I told him about the site just never signed up.

*Phone rings*
    Brother: Opening hotel spiel
    B: Repeating hotel spiel
    B: Hello?
    He hangs up. A few minutes later she calls back.
    B: Opening spiel
    SC: I said "hello" 3 times and you hung up. You were so rude!

SC then bitches to corprate. As usual, corprate kisses her ass and gives her a free upgrade.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Sounds like a dropped call on her end. Corporate doesn't have a spine, does it?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

i hate it when corporate caves whenever a customer complains about the smallest thing. it just reinforces the bad behavior.
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Ok, here's what you have to do anytime you have a call where you cannot hear anything on the other end. I know this because my company has a problem with Verizon cell phones muting people who call us, including the ones used by most of the employees. >.<

So, any time you have dead air, before you hang up, apologize, explain that you cannot hear them and request that if they need assistance to please call right back.

If there's really nobody there, it costs you nothing but a little bit of time, and if it's someone who'll get pissy like that bitch, it'll usually defuse the situation.

Of course, you'll still get people who are complete douchewaffles, but most people are understanding.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Beat me to it Andara. My closing spiel to dead air was "I'm sorry. I don't know if you can hear me, but I can't hear you. Please try calling back. Thank you."

In all the years I did that, only one person whinged - "Whadda ya mean you couldn't hear me! I heard you just fine. You hang up on people for your jollies?!?"

Yes. Yes I do. But I warn them very politely first......

Comment

Andrea, that is actually now policy at the hotel (thanks to my suggestion I'd point out... that place won't survive without me I think), that we must repeat the greating three times, with at least 15 seconds between greetings and if after the third time there is no answer say "I'm sorry, I don't know if I can hear me, but I can't hear you, please try again for a better connection"
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              say "I'm sorry, I don't know if I can hear me, but I can't hear you, please try again for a better connection"
              You are unsure if you can hear yourself? wow, either it's a really noisy hotel, or the customers are finally getting to your brain!
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
              X