Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

funny that no one else was having problems...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny that no one else was having problems...

OK, I went to Applebees again, once again I loved the service... food was a bit eh (I asked for between medium rare and medium and it came out basically medium, but still pretty good). The server on the other hand was amazing. He kept on top of the drinks (even offered us pitchers since it was busy and he knew he might not be able to keep up with individual drinks), checked on the food to make sure it was OK, was prompt courteous, and even made sure that everything was right on the bill before giving it to us.

Now the version of events according to the SC behind us.
    As he told the manager, his food was terrible, it was cooked wrong (that may have been legit), the server was slow, he never got refills, never checked on the food, and got the bill wrong.

Of course I was confused by this as I could see the SC's table, he had the same server and received the exact same service we did (sans pitcher because he wasn't going through drinks as fast as we were). Of course we all know exactly what scam this guy was pulling, he was trying to get the free meal for bad service play... and of course, manager being spineless, gave right in. I of course made a point to comment to the manager about the great service while I was paying and made sure to pay with a credit card with a 25% tip
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

As has been mentioned numerous times before, I wonder how much these "100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed" cost companies.

Comment

Smiley, I would have so interrupted the SC's tirade to interject.

I hate when I catch people telling lies, especially when they're about other people.

"Oh, really? Wow, 'cause we had the same server and every time he checked on our table, he checked on yours, too, and he was just great. I can't imagine how you could have not noticed him there, what with you responding to his questions and all. Are you sure you're not suffering some sort of memory problem? You might want to see your doctor about that."

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Reminds me of these SC's my MIL used to get at the restaurant when she was a server. This older couple would come in, order the cheapest things on the menu and one entree and share it (even though it wasn't allowed unless you paid the fee). Not only that, but they would always run the servers ragged, stiff the servers or give them shitty tips AND complain to the owner F (the old owner V sold the restaurant to F) about terrible service, despite the fact that they got good service to get something(s) comped off their check or have their whole check comped and always got their way. F thought that because of the fact that the couple would come in so much that they were good customers. Pfft, good customers my ass.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
          As has been mentioned numerous times before, I wonder how much these "100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed" cost companies.
          A lot, and not so much at the same time. My hotel has this guarantee. It is meant to stress how much a company endevors to sastify and to influence repeat customers, which we often have because of the guarantee.

Sadly, the lessor among us take advantage of this to save a buck. My mother was like that. It seemed everywhere we went when I was little, she demanded to see the manager about SOMETHING. I feel more sorry for these people, now, then angry with them. Plus, the repeat offenders often get banned or asked to leave. lol
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
          X