This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Showing PWN

So, my husband, some of his friends and I got together to go watch Paranormal Activity. I was somewhat relieved that we went to go watch the movies on Thursday versus Friday because that meant we'd avoid a *lot* of annoying teenagers that scream/talk through out the whole freakin' movie.

Turns out I was wrong. Sort of.

Anyway, Hubs and I got there early to get the best seat in the house (Center back, rawr!). We were enjoying ourselves when a gaggle of stupid girls and one guy (the boyfriend of one of the girls) enter the theater. Immediately, my heart sank. I knew these type of girls. They were the obnoxious, 'omg, that is so funny-scary shit ever, HOLD ME!' stupid girls. The conversation during the intermission was vapid and the guy just sat there, laughing (maybe at their stupidity or just at his misery), between all the girls, holding on to his girlfriend's hand.

The theater got more crowded, mostly with adult couples or young adult groups consisting of mostly "hard" boys and the random family with tweenie daughters.

The gaggle of girls were superbly loud through out the whole time the lights were on and refused to shut up during the previews of some movies. They even did the whole unnecessarily loud scream at the semblance of a frightening scene for the preview of Men Who Stare At Goats. It was irritating as obviously, that movie was a comedy.

My friends and I just rolled our eyes and got ourselves engrossed on the preview for Shutter Island. ( I <3 Decaprio. He's so talented.)

The screaming of these girls was getting out of hand... yet no one said anything.

Finally, the movie started. It had its few laughs in the beginning, all was okay. Then at the FIRST sign of horror, the girls screamed again.

Friend 1: SHHH!
    Girls: -FAKE SCREAM!!-
    Random Guy: SHUT UP!!
    G: no!
    Theater: SHUT THE FUCK UP! Man, I want to enjoy the show! You guys are irritating, shouldn't you be in bed?
    Girl 1: -Meakly- you shouldn't be swearing.
    Friend 2: You shouldn't be breathing, just shut the hell up already!
    Girl 2: -opens her mouth to say something.
    Girl 3: -shakes her head and points to the silver screen.-
    Boyfriend: They got a point.
    Girl: -huffs-

It was all done and over in like half a minute and... it was AWESOME.

Bonus: Friend 1 is this tall, sometimes douchey tough guy .. and he totally SQUEALED at the big scene . My husband says he even curled up in his seat and stuffed his face into his shirt.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Sometimes I dread going to movies for the same reason. Glad you were able to shut them up without them making too much of a fuss! Also, I looked up that movie on Rotten Tomatoes and now I really want to see it.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
      Boyfriend: They got a point.
      Girl: -huffs-
      at least the boyfriend sided with the theater instead of being a moron and trying to take everyone on. i've seen it. it's sad. and yet so funny...

some girls i work with saw it the other day...they said it was the scariest thing they've ever seen. my boyfriend wants to go see it, but i'm not a fan of scary movies, so i dunno.
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Ya know, I'd totally love to see someone try to take on an entire theater of pissed off moviegoers. I really would.

The baby daddy who thought it'd be a brilliant idea to bring his baby to the midnight showing of Friday The 13th, after being yelled at by nearly everyone for his wailing baby, got up and screamed that he'd take everyone on.....and the entire theater just rumbled in laughter at him.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

ha ha! I wish I had seen that, Blas.
          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
            Bonus: Friend 1 is this tall, sometimes douchey tough guy .. and he totally SQUEALED at the big scene . My husband says he even curled up in his seat and stuffed his face into his shirt.

Good gosh that's kinda sad-my friend Sawyer and I never even flinched during that whole thing-we want our 90 wasted minutes back......

and invisatext spoiler here->dude the tiny footprints-it was yoda-not a daemon, or maybe a tiny pterodactyl.....
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Yeah, I didn't flinch either, BK, but then again, I've seen better movies.

Though, LOL at your conclusion on the invisatext... now if you go back and watch that movie with that in mind, it'd be a GREAT comedy.

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                some girls i work with saw it the other day...they said it was the scariest thing they've ever seen. my boyfriend wants to go see it, but i'm not a fan of scary movies, so i dunno.
                I guess they never saw Alien. That is the scariest movie I've ever seen.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  I guess they never saw Alien. That is the scariest movie I've ever seen.
                  Alien was a good one.

Watcher in the Woods is at the top of my short list for scariest movies. Then again, I saw it in the theater... when I was 8.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just went to see that a few days ago, there must have been a group of about twenty 13-year-olds that snuck in, so there weren't enough seats for everybody else, and they were talking the whole time. I was still so scared though, movies usually don't scare me but I was a wimp that night.

Comment

One that still scares me to this day is The Birds. Everytime I see a flock of them sitting on a powerline, I start driving a little faster.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                        One that still scares me to this day is The Birds. Everytime I see a flock of them sitting on a powerline, I start driving a little faster.
                        The day after I saw The Birds, and was still a little jumpy, I was walking up to my second-story apartment. Two sparrows, without warning, flew out from between the steps and right at my face! I shrieked, ran upstairs, and slammed the door.

Great film.

Though I think the scariest thing I've ever seen was the Doctor Who episode, Silence in the Library. But maybe that's because I watched it alone, at midnight, in a room full of books and shadows. I slept with my light on that night.
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Scariest movie? Well, I dunno. If it wasn't for the last special effects morph of the movie absolutely destroying the movie, I would have said "Wes Craven's New Nightmare." The entire movie, I was tense, nervous, just a bundle of "oh crap"itude.

And then the last shot. Anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking about. *rolls eyes* Pathetic.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ugh, nothing annoys me more at theaters than people talking. I never go on opening week now because of it. I prefer an empty theater. I've had to tell numourous people to shut the hell up because we were trying to watch a movie we paid to see.
                            Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Is it just me or Paranormal Activity hardly scared me? I saw the theater version and only the last 2 minutes made me jump a little. I'm somewhat easily scared and I don't think it was scary as people told me. I slept fine as well and I haven't had one nightmare since the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X