This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi suck @ tire store

So there's a tire store here in BC that has a promotion going on - "Spend $50, get a $10 gift card." COOL I think - I need to pick up some cleaners, tp, some storage bins, and a new blade for my mitre saw. Cashie rings my stuff up, then gives me the total (I wasn't really paying attention) and I handed her $11 in "store funny money" that you can redeem. She inputs that then realizes she's forgotten to ring in the saw blade. But since she's already input the funny money, her till won't let add anything else. No worry I tell her - I'll pay for what she's already rung through, then she can ring in the saw blade and I'll pay for that. When that's done I ask her what I have to do to get the $10 gift card - she points to the woman who is standing at a desk directly opposite the register I am at, and says to show her my receipts. So I go up to her and show her my receipts (numbered sequentially, timed one right after the other) and she says "I can't give you $10 because it has to be in one transaction." I explained what happened but she said "sorry" so I go up to Customer Service and explain the situation. The woman there says she has to take all my stuff back to the original register that I was rung up at, VOID everything, then re-ring it all back up in "one transaction" in order to get the gift card.

So we go back to the original register, WAIT until all the people that were waiting in line are served, then go through voiding/re-ringing y stuff, and FINALLY I get the gift card but GEEZ. They could see that I'd made one transaction right after the other, paid CASH for both, and the original cashier confirmed what had happened but still I had to go through this BS. I could see if somebody was trying to combine 3-4 different receipts with different payment times/types so they could get the gift card but I was right there the whole time (in front of the woman by the door who saw me make the transactions) and the cashier even confirmed it.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

That certainly sucks, but maybe the system wouldn't have been able to take the information to hand out a GC (for control purposes) without it being all in one transaction. Otherwise, why make a big deal of it, when they knew you bought all the stuff in one visit?

Sometimes, technology sucks..lol

Comment

I imagine it's a cotrol issue. They can only issue them for individual transactions, otherwise you could have employees ringing two people back to back, then turning around and getting the discount card for themselves.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X