Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An evening at Disneyland, where sucky customers can truly shine!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been to Epcot.

Soarin' is decidedly awesome, especially since they actually pump different scents into the room as you go over certain areas. The salt smell as you went over the ocean was awesome. They do the same with the Nightmare theme they have on the Haunted Mansion; the bit with the gingerbread house. Mmmm....

I'm a big adrenalin junkie, and I love Tower of Terror, and I go on it 2-4 times if possible.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      I've never been to Epcot.
      Epcot = AWESOME

What you do is go around to all the different "countries" and buy food from each one. Go hungry.

There's some pretty neat shopping there too.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
        Cast Members have to be polite and smile all the time or else they will get written up. Yes, I was written up for not smiling.
        How are they supposed to know if you're smiling if you have a giant mouse head completely covering your own?

Oh, yeah. Epcot. I enjoyed that tremendously, more than the actual theme park. (Bear in mind that I went there in 1986, so things may have changed since then. It was only Disney World annd Epcot, I think Universal Studios was still under construction.) I think my favorite bit was the part where you go down this fake elevator to a supposed underwater research station. It really felt like you were all the way down there; the only thing that ruptured the suspension of disbelief was seeing red EXIT signs on ordinary doors with alarmed panic bars. Um, won't we all drown if I open that? I thought, afterwards, that for increased realism they should have labeled the doors "Emergency Exit to Surface"...
        Last edited by Shalom; 10-28-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          How are they supposed to know if you're smiling if you have a giant mouse head completely covering your own?
          I worked in the quick-service food and beverage section at the resort across the lake from Downtown Disney.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
            I've been to Disney Land once and Disney World once.

I'm not big on amusement parks.

I lucked out on not being forced to ride roller coasters because my mom hated them and I'd stay and keep her company when PapaRum and SisterRum were in line.

However, all other rides? Yeah, I had to ride them. Panic attacks (full-blown, btw) and all. Doesn't make for good memories.

Haunted Mansion - not a roller coaster is it?

I know what Space Mountain is. I won't ride it.

What is "Pin Trading"? It sounds interesting.
            I have major motion sickness (can get sick on a park swing) & Space Mountain did not make me ill at all!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              I have major motion sickness (can get sick on a park swing) & Space Mountain did not make me ill at all!
              Unfortunately my BF got a little queasy off Space Mountain yesterday, and he had take Dramamine It's not that fast but it has some sharp turns. I think it depends on what makes you motion sick. I loved it though! The ghosts looked awesome! Definitely my fave ride
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Space Mountain is different in California and Orlando. I like the Orlando one better. I'm not one to get motion sickness, but the Space Mountain in Disneyland really made me disoriented and nauseous.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Seriously, Disney is not that expensive. I'm a big guy, 6'2" and over 250 pounds, and I can eat comfortably for $10 a meal at Disneyland. I have no doubt that this woman can manage to feed herself and both daughters for around $20 per meal.
                  I personally almost never buy food *in* Disneyland the few times I go. There's a McDonalds, IHOP, Dennys, some pirate buffet right across the street... cheaper! And there's Downtown Disney for other foods if you don't mind slightly pricey stuff.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
                    I worked in the quick-service food and beverage section at the resort across the lake from Downtown Disney.
                    Over at Saratoga Springs? That's my home resort.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm fine on coaster-like rides if I can (mostly) see the track. Given that Space Mountain is pitch-black....yeah (it being the first rollercoaster I ever rode on didn't help).
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                      X