This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerk Manager at Subway

That happened several years ago when I was out of town with my family. I am not that good with details, but as we had our order taken, the manager was berating the cashier as he was taking our order.

"No, no no, you push this button, not that one, no the other button, you got it wrong again! Now get the cookie. No! Here, you take the cookie, and put it in the bag, it's not that hard!" (This isn't a direct quote, but it gets the point across).

Perhaps it's not safe to assume anything, but he probably would have done fine had the manager not been hovering around him barking orders. His attitude was "Are you that stupid that you can't even handle this?". I've had this attitude from people before, and let me tell you, it can get you down. The employee may have been making careless mistakes, but it did not justify being berated in front of customers.

We thought about leaving, but knowing the manager, he would have blamed the employee for losing a customer. Jerk!

The Subway closest to where I live, the one that I no longer go to, it's notorious for its incompetent owners.

I did a little research after posting about my incidents with them on here, and come to find out that the couple who owns that Subway owns nearly ALL of the Subways in my city (which, being a slightly bigger city, there are several of them, the only ones that they do not own are the ones connected to gas stations and the one in the food court at the mall).

No wonder Subway around here sucks so much.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The Subways Down Under are normally OK, since my order is fairly basic (chicken fillet with lettuce, carrot, capsicum and mayo on whatever bread I desire...). The crews are kept fairly small and because they're usually rush-rush around lunch hour, new people usually get delegated to doing jobs that don't require someone to be hovering over them.

The manager, however, was an absolute jerk. Maybe try and lodge a complaint anonymously to someone higher up if there is such a thing?
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        The Subway closest to where I live, the one that I no longer go to, it's notorious for its incompetent owners.

I did a little research after posting about my incidents with them on here, and come to find out that the couple who owns that Subway owns nearly ALL of the Subways in my city (which, being a slightly bigger city, there are several of them, the only ones that they do not own are the ones connected to gas stations and the one in the food court at the mall).

No wonder Subway around here sucks so much.
        This doesn't happen to be Chicago, does it?

Comment

Nope. Nort' Western Wisconsin.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X