This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy Day Drive Thru SC

It never fails to amaze me how inconsiderate some people can be.

Going through a fast food drive thru, the rain is pouring down. Ahead of me in a big ass, 12 MPG-type Suburban, is the Sucky Customer about to strike. She pulls up to the window, not paying the least attention to the fact that her windshield wipers were on high and flinging water right at the drive thru worker. She starts yelling at the person to open the window and take her money. If she would just pull up another six inches, the water wouldn't be hitting the window!

I could hear the woman yelling at someone at the second window, so I made sure to call the manager back to the first window and clear up what had happened.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

I hated when I'd get a windshield wiper shower when I worked the drive thru at the McD's. I'd crack the window open and ask them to turn off the wipers.

Actually had some guy kvetch at me for daring to ask him to turn the wipers off...he NEEDED to be able to see to drive. It's rain. You're in a drive thru. You're driving at -1mph. I doubt you'll crash into the car in front of you....oh wait. I forgot who I'm talking to. Nevermind...I'll go get a towel. Have a nice bleepity-bleep day.

Comment

that is one of the many things I have learned since being on this site. I never reliazed that the wipers could fling water that far. I make it a point to turn them off when the window is open now.

Sorry to anyone I splashed before
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I must admit I never even thought of that before.

But then, I almost never have my wipers on max, and the little awnings they put over most drivethru windows do nothing for windblown rain, so if I sprayed anyone I probably wouldn't be able to tell in any case.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

it's amazing how rude people can be in drive thrus. i have bruises on my hips cuz i had to launch myself out of the window because someone stopped like, 5 feet from it. refused to fix it or open their door. gr.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
            it's amazing how rude people can be in drive thrus. i have bruises on my hips cuz i had to launch myself out of the window because someone stopped like, 5 feet from it. refused to fix it or open their door. gr.
            On the odd occasion I part too far away and can't back up to fix it, I'll shift into Park, unbuckle and lean out myself.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

One time I went through the drive thru during a mid-April Michigan snow squal. It was very windy and the snow/ice was coming down at such an angle that the girl working the drive thru had to pretty much keep her back to the window to avoid being pelted with the ice. I felt like total crap that day and now if it is raining hard or snowing like that, I won't hit up the drive thru.

Comment

When I was stuck handing out Drive Thru orders at McD's, the farthest my arm would reach out the window while leaning over reasonably was the farthest the bag would go. If you parked it 5 feet from the window, have fun getting out of the car to get it. And if it's raining? Have fun getting wet, and have fun eating rain-soaked food. Hope that bag doesn't tear and spill from being wet. And all of this done with a pleasant, serene smile on my face.

Comment

Working...
                X