This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor difficulty using Taco Bell coupons tonight

My Mom & I went to Taco Bell's website & printed 2 coupons stating "get one (1) free black jack taco between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on October 31st." The coupon did not state that you had to buy something in order to get the free taco.

So we went to the Taco Bell near where we live after 6 p.m. tonight to use our coupons. We both had a minor difficulty using them. I went inside Taco Bell to use mine. She went through the drive thru to use hers. I was told by the girl who took my order that I had to buy something in order to get the free taco. This was after I gave her the coupon. I asked her "Where does it state that on the coupon?" She looked at it & then went to another employee. She told me that according to the manager at that location, I had to buy something. I told her "the coupon does not state that." She became irritated, but she gave me a free taco.

The same problem happened with my mother. After I got my free taco, I went to find her in line at the drive thru. I got in the car, & she drove up to the window to get her order. The employee who told me that according to the manager at that location I had to buy something in order to get the free taco told my mom the same thing. She told the employee "the coupon does not state that." She eventually ended up getting a free black jack taco.

When we got home, she & I looked at their website, & neither one of us saw that you had to buy something in order to get the free taco.

I didnt think so either. I didnt print the coupon but the commercials seemed as if theyd be free, without purchase, on Halloween.

Maybe it was a store-specific thing, with a manager that wanted to boost some sales?

Comment

I looked at the coupon, and the only way I think the managers may have been able to do such finagling was the standard "at participating Taco Bells" clause.

It was probably franchise Taco Bells who didn't want to eat the cost.
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I was wondering if it was an "at participating restaurants" thing as well. I used to work at a franchise Hardee's. One city over would have rock-bottom specials and advertise all over TV. Of course our city would have the same commercials, but our city did not honor the specials. Got a lot of people upset about that.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          I was wondering if it was an "at participating restaurants" thing as well. I used to work at a franchise Hardee's. One city over would have rock-bottom specials and advertise all over TV. Of course our city would have the same commercials, but our city did not honor the specials. Got a lot of people upset about that.

My city has two famous for their roast beef sandwiches and curly fries places. On is franchised the other is company owned. The franchised one does not take any coupons that are put out by the corporation itself.

Comment

Quoth Sightings Reporter View Post
            My city has two famous for their roast beef sandwiches and curly fries places. On is franchised the other is company owned. The franchised one does not take any coupons that are put out by the corporation itself.
            We used to have something similar here with a place famous for fried chicken. The company was doing a promo for free food, and only one of the locations in town was participating.

Fortunately, they heavily advertised in the local media that only one was participating, so most people were well aware of it.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Fortunately, they heavily advertised in the local media that only one was participating, so most people were well aware of it.
              That sounds suspiciously like a fast food corporation showing some common sense ... *looks out the window for flying pigs*
              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Sightings Reporter View Post
                The franchised one does not take any coupons that are put out by the corporation itself.
                Vaguely reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg sketch.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

So why did you go in if your mom was just going to order through the drive-through?
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    So why did you go in if your mom was just going to order through the drive-through?
                    Maybe there was a "one coupon per visit" limitation.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X