This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus pwning

I'm pretty sure this counts as a sighting at least. I was on the bus coming back from school, and it was packed. Standing room only. I was standing near the front, facing forward. Suddenly I heard a woman behind me yell "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU ARE SO SPECIAL??" I turned around to see what was happening, and a woman seated on one side of the bus was yelling at a girl on the other side of the bus. The girl, despite the packed conditions, had a cake box sitting on the seat next to her (something that I totally hate). The woman continued "IF I CAN'T LEAVE MY PARCELS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN EVERYBODY'S WAY, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN????" The girl never said a word, just picked up the cake box and put it on her lap. Someone sat down and it was over.

Still, I have a few opinions of this. First of all, the woman that was yelling was seated, so she didn't even have to get involved. She didn't want the seat, and I would assume if anybody else did, they could ask her to move the box themselves.
    Second of all, would it be so hard to ask politely, at least to begin with? She didn't have to start busting out yelling. Maybe the girl would have moved the box if asked politely, too. You catch more flies with honey, etc. Yelling at her like that was a bit much. If the girl had had an attitude, a whole fight might have started.
    Still, it was totally inconsiderate of the girl to take up a seat with her box when the bus was so full. So basically I think they were both rude, the woman at least somewhat since she seemed like she was concerned about other people's comfort, but went about it the wrong way.
    What do you people think?

Edit: I forgot to mention, after this happened I heard someone whisper "brutal". Probably not important, but I'm glad I wasn't the only who thought the woman was overreacting a bit.
    Last edited by mariamousie1; 11-02-2009, 11:38 PM.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

This is a case of double suckage. Actually, I think the woman who was yelling was suckier. It sounds like she just wanted to start a fight from your description of it.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
      This is a case of double suckage. Actually, I think the woman who was yelling was suckier. It sounds like she just wanted to start a fight from your description of it.

I concur. I think a case could be made for the girl being oblivious but not intending to be rude. The woman was a bitch though. Why not just ask politely?
      "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

I totally agree. For all I know the girl put the cake on the seat when the bus was empty and it filled up without her noticing (although my mom says nobody's that stupid). I do have to give her props for not responding to that woman, though. Most people probably would.
        -Helen Keller

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
          I totally agree. For all I know the girl put the cake on the seat when the bus was empty and it filled up without her noticing (although my mom says nobody's that stupid). I do have to give her props for not responding to that woman, though. Most people probably would.
          I am!

Give me a good book, and I wouldn't know if the bus entered a hurricane until we got to my stop. Not noticing the bus was getting full would be easy. Not sure that was the case here, but I'm just sayin'.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
            it filled up without her noticing (although my mom says nobody's that stupid)..
            ...silly you... don't you read the stories here.....you should not give people that much credit... they really are that stupid... ^_^ hehe
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
              ...silly you... don't you read the stories here.....you should not give people that much credit... they really are that stupid... ^_^ hehe
              Oblivious is not the same as stupid.

I've missed my stop more than once due to being wrapped up in my book or daydreams.

The screamer was being obnoxious, and the girl was oblivious, at least, and being selfish at worst.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                I said it was my mom who said nobody's that stupid. My response? "I don't know, people are pretty stupid!"
                -Helen Keller

Comment

t sounds like she just wanted to start a fight from your description of it.
                  sounds like half of the people filing complaints at pfb...

Comment

Working...
                  X