This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right to refuse service is true.

but why GO PARK THERE if they aren't going to pick ANYONe up?

That's the suck I see.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I have no clue why. They continued to keep parking where they always do, but were refusing to take anyone.....didn't even say if they were only taking calls or weren't doing pickups or what.

All that happened was every time someone attempted to go near a cab, they'd just take off, but they'd be back a bit later......to do it again the next time someone tried to hail them.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

By waiting in the spot they typically do then taking off when people tried to get in they were deliberately screwing with people.
        If they didn't want to pick up drunks - which they have every right to decide - then why a) patrol the bar scene and b) wait in the spot cabs typically wait for fares?

THAT is the suck in this story as far as I'm concerned, not the debate on the driver's right to refuse a fare.
        Last edited by rerant; 11-16-2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

one of my old shipmates told me what their cabby did once.
          one of the guys was too drunk and puking so the cab refused to let him in.

so... they had the cab drive slowly, and kinda propped him up onto the trunk and had him walk behind the cab. (with a buddy there to make sure he didn't fall over onto the road). the others got to ride in the cab since they weren't barfing.

and i'm sure the cabby didn't mind too much. cos that was prolly a really good fare for him driving that slow.

Comment

Working...
          X