This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, I'm weezin' the juice

BG: I live and work in a national park. The only places to get wireless are in hotel lobbies.

People come up to me on a daily basis and ask some variation on "Excuse me, are you using wireless internet?"

No, I walked for 10 minutes from my dorm room to get to an electrical outlet in freezing cold weather...it's just one of those things I needed to do. Because it's not like there are electrical outlets in my dorm room. Oh no. And this is NOT Mozilla Firefox on my screen. You're hallucinating.

My favorite is the man who walked up to the outlet behind me, unplugged one of the cords from it, and plugged in his power strip. I said "You know you just unplugged the vending machine, right?" He stared at me like I had grown antlers. "What vending machine?" he snapped. "The phone card vending machine. Right there. If it were on, the lights would be flashing. He turned red and quickly fumbled with the plugs. "There! They're FLASHING!!!" And he spent the rest of the evening acting like someone who doesn't go around unplugging strangers' laptops without asking them about it first...because I assume that was what he thought he was doing...
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Quoth dragonslayer126 View Post
    And he spent the rest of the evening acting like someone who doesn't go around unplugging strangers' laptops without asking them about it first...because I assume that was what he thought he was doing...
    What a douchebag. It's great that he was too stupid to even unplug the correct cord. Idiot.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

High five on the Encino Man reference!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        What a douchebag. It's great that he was too stupid to even unplug the correct cord. Idiot.

^-.-^
        It shouldn't have been hard...my cord went off to the left, and the much heavier-duty vending machine cord went off to the right, behind the chair in the opposite direction of where I was sitting...
        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
          Thank God he wasn't in a hospital!
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
          X