This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushi lust!

Today for lunch I headed over to my favorite sushi place, killing time before I had to go see the eye doctor. This place is great, but the service is known to be rather slow. That can be a bit of a problem if you're seated next to a boor having a loud conversation, because it gives you plenty more time than you'd care to have to listen to the loud conversation.

Which I was. Just on the other side of a little bamboo screen was a boor, a rotund bearded man, dining with a man and a woman seated across the table from him. Their conversation ranged from the food at the sushi restaurant (they were impressed) to the food at a local Mexican restaurant (the men were impressed but the woman didn't care for the salsa there), to food in general.

They also talked about their world travels. The boor talked about his wife, someone high up in some large corporation, and how her job sucked the life out of her. Thank goodness then that he had his mistress.

He talked at length about the mistress, and how nice it was to have someone who he could have fun with, without the demands that having to marry her would bring. They'd had an especially good time in Venice, it seemed.

This, while some people nearby -- not to name names, but I was having teriyaki salmon -- can't land a significant other to save their souls. I'd do anything to meet someone I cared enough about to marry, and you can be goddamned sure that if I did I would not cheat. I've been alone too long to treat someone like that, especially when I've been cheated on, lied to, and abused, and know what it's like.

Anyway... I think it's repulsive when someone treats their treasures with contempt.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

and then to causally speak about it as if its nothing.... *eye twitches* sooo many nasty things come to mind to say

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
      This, while some people ... can't land a significant other to save their souls. I'd do anything to meet someone I cared enough about to marry, and you can be goddamned sure that if I did I would not cheat. I've been alone too long to treat someone like that, especially when I've been cheated on, lied to, and abused, and know what it's like.

Anyway... I think it's repulsive when someone treats their treasures with contempt.
      Hear hear.

Comment

The guy sounds like a moron...if you're going to screw around on your wife/husband, for goodness sake, dont tell anyone! People cannot keep a secret. One person will tell another, and suddenly you realize how small a world it is when the secret that you only told to one person has made it's rounds thru the very large town you live in and has gotten back to your wife/husband. (and gone thru no less than 20+ people's ears and mouths, some of whom you didnt think knew each other, much less your wife/husband)

Next thing you know, you're shopping for a new place to live and a divorce lawyer.

Comment

I can understand having an affair if you are in an arranged marriage, after all you may not be in love with the person you are married to ... and people do actually need love as an emotion to be healthy. However nowdays when arranged marriages are far and few between I have issues understanding affairs ... if you are not in love with your spouse, divorce them and get one you are in love with ...
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I fully agree. For some reason the majority of GF's I had (not many, mind you) all cheated on me. It hurts more than anything

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            I can understand having an affair if you are in an arranged marriage, after all you may not be in love with the person you are married to ... and people do actually need love as an emotion to be healthy. However nowdays when arranged marriages are far and few between I have issues understanding affairs ... if you are not in love with your spouse, divorce them and get one you are in love with ...
            Funny you should mention this. One of my best friends in high school - her parents was an arranged marriage (India). She had to get married because she was an older sister and the younger sister couldn't get married to a hihg-profile / welthy man because of it.

The arranged marriage worked out great. When I was good friends with their daughter (high school / college) they still held hands in public, PDAs, you name it.

Her sister? I'm not sure about the complete outcome but the marriage wasn't that great and she was extremely unhappy.
            Sometimes they do work out.
            Last edited by draggar; 11-04-2009, 12:03 PM.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              I'm not sure where love entered into it, judging from what I heard. To me, it seemed he was bragging about having the "best" of both worlds. He had his wife and the prestige that went along with it, the home, the kid...

Oh, I forgot that. The guy was talking about how one mistress didn't work out because she wanted to leave her husband and wanted him to leave his wife and son for her.

Couldn't have that now.

...And on top of having the American dream, he had his mistress for nookie and as a travel companion when his job took him somewhere interesting such as Italy.

Frankly, my biggest worry sitting there listening to all of it was that at any moment, some of his slime might ooze over to my table.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Frankly, my biggest worry sitting there listening to all of it was that at any moment, some of his slime might ooze over to my table.
                At least you couldve dipped your sushi in it.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  At least you couldve dipped your sushi in it.
                  What, and poison himself?

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    I fully agree. For some reason the majority of GF's I had (not many, mind you) all cheated on me. It hurts more than anything
                    Ha! My first gf dumped me and two weeks later married a guy to keep him in the country....

oww...now I'm sad >.>

Comment

The boor talked about his wife, someone high up in some large corporation, and how her job sucked the life out of her. Thank goodness then that he had his mistress.
                      well, since he mentioned where she worked...i'd say send flowers to her with a card saying "you're husband's an ass. he's cheating on you. a lot."
                      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                      ^_^

Comment

While I get the impression that the guy sounded slimy, it's possible that he wasn't cheating or lying.

Committing adultery, sure, but not necessarily cheating.

It's quite possible that his wife knows all about his extra-marital engagements and approves. I've known quite a few people with such arrangements.

Either way, it's certainly not something you want to hear about while trying to eat. Bleh.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X