Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not sure I'd be bragging about that (and others)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure I'd be bragging about that (and others)

(sorry for the lack of formatting, posting at work and don't have all the bells and whistles on this browser, will edit in formatting later).
    Background before we start, me and the BF took the train up to Ogden yesterday to pick up his bike from his parents' garage (save some money on bus fare for him sense for the time being he never needs to go further than where he can bike... except of course when he goes up to Ogden, but not much can be done about that). I'll start with the last story to happen and move backwards from there.

I wouldn't be bragging about that-
    So on the final leg of the trip on Trax from downtown southbound I overheard this lovely little tidbit.
    "You know, Salt Lake County lock up is such a joke. I have been in lock up in many cities and many counties in many states, and Salt Lake is definitely the weirdest set up I've seen."
    Umm, dude, that is the type of thing I would keep to myself.

Trax driver pwns a sucky rider.
    Before heading home we made a quick side trip on the University line to get some Wendys. As a background, the trains on the University line were purchased used from an agency that purchased them used... they are kept running by good mechanics and faith in Jesus Christ. It is not uncommon for there to be problems like stuck doors etc. Well, last night as is wont to do, a door got stuck, the driver exited the cab to go fix it. Some drunked guy (who looked like he may have been more than just drunk) yelled at the driver "what the do you think you're doing... you shouldn't be out here, you should be driving the train."
    The driver without missing a beat responded, "sir, I am merely heading to the back of the train where I get better radio reception to call in for transit police to meet us at the next station to get rid of degenerates like you... and while I'm back there I may just decide to fix the door that won't close and is keeping us in the station." That shut up the old drunkard right quick

I can't believe I kept my mouth shut-
    This one was really funny, the cast are as follows
    me-
    bf-
    bc- bratty kid
    bcf1- bratty kid's friend 1
    bcf2- bratty kid's friend 2
    rp- random passenger.
    There were actually several there, but the bratty kid was the one that was, well bratty.

bc (speaking to two of his 'friends'): so did your pee pees touch last night?
    bcf1: dude, you are so not funny right now.
    bc: seriously, did your pee pees touch last night?
    bcf2: dude, get a life.
    me and bf (to each other): Don't say it.
    bc: Oh, I see, you just don't want to admit that your pee pees touch.
    rp (yell at them): Kid, if their pee pees were touching, one of them was facing the wrong way.
    bc, bcf1, and bcf2:
    me and bf: THANK YOU!

You are only slightly creepy-
    While waiting for a bus transfer to get back to Frontrunner in Ogden a black guy came up to us and said "wow, white guys... you must be either really brave or really stupid to be in this neighborhood this late at night. Not even my skin protects me here."
    I'm not sure if that was an insult, a compliment, or a warning... but that was slightly creepy no matter which it was.

Please say that you didn't mean what I think you meant-
    While on our way up to Ogden I overheard the train host on the radio saying, "yeah, the airconditioning is out on the comet car... we need to have it swapped out before the afternoon rush, the passengers won't be able to handle the heat... right now we're keeping it cool by keeping the doors open to get some circulation."
    Did I hear that right... you are keeping the doors open... please say that didn't mean what I thought... because that sounds like you said you are keeping doors open on a moving train.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 11-07-2009, 02:21 AM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    rp (yell at them): Kid, if their pee pees were touching, one of them was facing the wrong way.
    I am LOVING that RP right now. Lol.

Comment

because that sounds like you said you are keeping doors open on a moving train.
      Eh, it'd be fine unless some idiot tried to go through them as it was moving, then again, if you're daft enough to try tha then you get what's coming to you really.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Keep in mind that we live in a world where people have often successfully sued other people for problems caused by their (the Plaintiff's) own stupidity, where cans of mixed nuts MUST contain the warning "may contain nuts"...

O Darwin, we hardly knew ye...
        Last edited by EricKei; 11-07-2009, 12:37 PM. Reason: used to say snickers, but peanuts technically aren't nuts
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Did I hear that right... you are keeping the doors open... please say that didn't mean what I thought... because that sounds like you said you are keeping doors open on a moving train.
          I would hope they meant the doors between the carriages. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
            I would hope they meant the doors between the carriages. *fingers crossed*
            Yeah, that makes two of us... otherwise... then again, I could honestly see UTA keeping the outside doors open... after all, it has already been established that the fleet is kept running by good mechanics and faith in Jesus... and that same faith will keep the passengers safe
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

You are only slightly creepy-
              While waiting for a bus transfer to get back to Frontrunner in Ogden a black guy came up to us and said "wow, white guys... you must be either really brave or really stupid to be in this neighborhood this late at night. Not even my skin protects me here."
              I'm not sure if that was an insult, a compliment, or a warning... but that was slightly creepy no matter which it was.
              I’d go with a warning. Heck there are spots in any major city where class/color is an issue and if you don’t match the prevailing sections of normality you don’t go. Don’t believe me? Send a white person to walk in downtown Baltimore, better known as the ghetto wearing a sign. Make sure said sign says something racially insensitive towards blacks. White person will come out black and blue, if they come out.

Comment

Quoth KitterCat View Post
                I’d go with a warning. Heck there are spots in any major city where class/color is an issue and if you don’t match the prevailing sections of normality you don’t go. Don’t believe me? Send a white person to walk in downtown Baltimore, better known as the ghetto wearing a sign. Make sure said sign says something racially insensitive towards blacks. White person will come out black and blue, if they come out.
                I don't think you understand how bland SLC is. We do have crime and gangs and what not. But our gangs are doing it wrong, we don't have any gangs who don't have a decent cross section of races in it. Nothing stranger then a white kid with Sureno tattoos on his face. Or Mexican white supremecists... So really, you can be any color, it doesn't really change your chances of getting shanked... The majority of our criminals are white anyway.
                "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth KitterCat View Post
                  Make sure said sign says something racially insensitive towards blacks.
                  Uh... I don't think OP said anything racially insensitive to the gent who gave him the 'warning'... so, unless this hypothetical person wandering downtown Baltimore is just shouting random slurs, would he still hypothetically end up black and blue?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Seriously, who says peepees anymore......even most kids nowadays know that it's called a wangdoodle.

Swordfighting for the win, ya'll.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Seriously, who says peepees anymore......even most kids nowadays know that it's called a wangdoodle.
                      Wow. Gives a whole new spin on what was chasing the Oompa-Loompas before Willy Wonka rescued them.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        Wow. Gives a whole new spin on what was chasing the Oompa-Loompas before Willy Wonka rescued them.
                        Damn you Geek King! I now have a horrible image in my head. DAMN YOU!!

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                          Damn you Geek King! I now have a horrible image in my head. DAMN YOU!!
                          You, too?! Oh, thank goodness. I thought I was the only one!

And completely off-topic -

EricKei - Finally, another Saints fan!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Swordfighting for the win, ya'll.
                            I thought a wangdoodle was what happened when you hooked up a word processor to a plotter instead of a daisy wheel printer. Yep, I'm an old geek.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              Pee pee?!! Who really says that these days?!!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X