This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker told me "Thursday was a headache at work for me"

She had to reserve several spots for her shift last Thursday. "Melissa", who works at the Parking office, came to the Visitor Parking booth to give me a list of names for one of the events & gave me an envelope of tokens. Each customer attending the event gets a token.

Yesterday, she told me that she ran out of reserved spots for the people attending the event who were supposed to get tokens. The dept. over the event only reserved a certain amount of spots, & many more people arrived. She called the Parking office & was told that these people had to find other parking. This was during the time when the students who attend night school began to arrive to park. So there was a long line of traffic at the Visitor Parking booth as well as a long line of traffic at the faculty/staff parking garage *the Parking office sells night school parking permits for students attending night school. These parking permits can only be used to park in the faculty/staff garage*. There were also cars exiting the faculty/staff parking garage.

At this point she only had enough parking spots for people on the event list. So she could not let any student park in the garage. One student became upset & told her she was late to class. She told the student she was sorry, but she could not let her park. The student would not leave. During this time the parking enforcement employee employed by the university was directing everyone else to the other parking lots. She told me he came up to the Visitor parking booth & told the student who would not leave that if she did not leave, he would call campus police. The student began to cry. She eventually left.
Working...
X