Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, there's a saying here in Washington, The East Side is sane, most of the west is sane, but Western King County is just Northern Southern California... aaaaand why is this, take all the wonderful things about California between About Barstow and San Diego, add in people that seem to have never seen rain... even when they live here for years, and ones who think those wonderful signs telling you that 30 is the limit in an area where hills and sharp sharp turns are commonplace are just polite suggestions, and you get why those of us who live here absolutely hate seeing California plates... now add into that Oregonians that expect you to pump their gas and get pissy when they pay tax, and Idahoans who are OH NOES HILLS! and you get why we like it when people from BC come down for a visit, yes we like BC tourists, we hate the rest of you all, now move back to insanity land.

Oh and I'm now starting to realize I hate the folks who don't seem to understand, yes YOUR home state may let you buy Alcohol whenever, but WASHINGTON gives you four hours (22 am to 6 am) to sober up, and no you have to buy the hard stuff in state run stores.
    Last edited by bunnyboy; 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Yes, the leaves turn colors. It's been doing that as long as I can remember...and then some. Last time I checked, the leaves look pretty much the same every fall, so I don't understand the fascination with them. Still, it doesn't stop idiots from other states coming here, driving 40 miles under the speed limit, and randomly stopping wherever they feel like it.
      I can understand the fascination with the leaves from residents of states that don't have the same beautiful displays. My in-laws are from Texas, and according to them the trees down there don't bother with the pretty in-between colors and just jump straight to brown come not-summer. So they absolutely love coming up to CT to visit the grandchildren in the fall, when they can also see the leaves.

Fascination, however, does not excuse crappy driving. I promise you won't find my in-laws stopping in the middle of the road to look at leaves or even driving insanely slow. They have the decency to pull over to the side of the road first.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Here is Evansville we ALWAYS get out-of-town idiots that drive like tourists. I guess it's because we're the largest city within a hundred-mile radius. They literally drive like they're the ONLY cars on the road. They suddenly hit their brakes, stop in the middle of the road to look around (a freakin' road map only costs a buck-ninety-five!) and pull out in front of you or cut in front of you and then slow down.

I dont get how they can afford to pay 100-200 dollars in gas round-trip to drive here but they can't pay $1.95 to get a freakin' road map so they know where the hell they're going.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          You know what they say - money can't buy happiness.
          I find that it lets you buy your preference from the range of miseries out there.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ok guys, I apologize for complaining about the FIBS who blast up and down the freeways at 80+ mph (driving as if there's a bomb in their car that will go off if they drive any slower than that) because apparently, other states do have it worse with tourists.

The worst we get in Wisconsin (and Irv and others can attest) are the Yuppie Fibs who think they can just come up here and act like they own this part of Wisconsin because they have money and a summer home in Hayward Wisconsin.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And still more signs that they are back!

Stop signs do not exist with these people, wherever they come from. This morning at Home Depot (why they even shop there is beyond me when they have the money to pay someone to do home repairs), an old geezer did not stop at the designated stop sign, nearly running into the side of my car. I then got a nasty look from this guy after blowing my horn at him, as if I was the one who almost caused a wreck. The same thing also happened last night on my way home. One of them in their Mercury Grand Marquis (because as I have stated, this is the official Snowbirdmobile!) made a right turn on a red light, right into my lane. Blew the horn, another look!

To be continued.......

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

The worst we get in Wisconsin (and Irv and others can attest) are the Yuppie Fibs who think they can just come up here and act like they own this part of Wisconsin because they have money and a summer home in Hayward Wisconsin.
                Except over here, their vacation homes are in Door County. Or Lake Geneva. Or someplace in Sheboygan County where all the good golf courses are.

We didn't make up the stereotype of FIBS. They do exist.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They're pretty ubiquitous, Irv.

We don't have much for golf courses around here, just lots of lakes and areas perfect for cabins for summer type homes. Lots of summer-time resorts.

Speaking of snowbirds, any of you southern CSers, my heart goes out to you if you have to deal with my downstairs snowbird neighbor. If you see an enormous brown Buick headed towards your store, please hide.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X