This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess only she's allowed to shop

I did a little errand running today and hit SO's store and one of the others having their meat sale. This takes place in the second store.

I was browsing the lunch meat and getting ready to grab a couple of packs when an older lady comes charging up with her cart and our ends slam together. Now had it been an accident I'd have understood, but she purposely did it. She did it again, snarling at me to get out of the way. I stood there for a moment, then shook my head as I moved my cart. Apparently I wasn't fast enough as she slammed her cart into mine again and yelled at me to get the fuck out of her way.

I waited while she stood there for a minute looking at all the lunch meats and then glared at me. I just smiled and waited, because obviously she was the only one allowed to shop and therefore everyone had better get out of her damned way. She finally stalked off and I got my lunch meat.

I'm willing to bet she thought her shit didn't stink either.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

If someone did that to me while my kid was in the cart, which she almost always is, the scene would end up on the 6 o'clock news.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      If someone did that to me while my kid was in the cart, which she almost always is, the scene would end up on the 6 o'clock news.
      Yep, that. Only because the old bat would have had a heart attack from the pure shock of me going off on her like wet dynamite.

Comment

More like death from shock from being bludgeoned to death by a country ham.

Comment

I am eternally grateful that I've never had to deal with people like that.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I've been told I look kind of severe and give the impression that I would make a poor victim. I don't know if that is true, but I've never had to deal with this kind of bizarre behavior, either.

I've certainly been approached by scammers and whatnot, so I don't know how accurate that theory is.

Comment

Goodness! Add me to the grateful list that I've somehow missed such excitement. Don't worry though, the day is still young.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I think it was one of the few times I've been caught off guard and didn't spout off something to her. It was only after that she'd left that I thought of quite a few things to say, none of them nice.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Oh, heeeelllll no! You do not act like that and expect to walk away! Hobble or crawl, perhaps....

Comment

How do you guys run into these people? Or should I say, how do they run into you?

I rarely ever see people act like such douchebags.

Comment

If she would have slammed her cart into mine, I would have slammed my cart back harder. I mean if she wants to play demolition carts

Somehow I can see this bitch getting arrested for assault on black Friday.
                      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

It's easy to explain. A lot of people are f'ing crazy and do a lot of inappropriate things in public, and in the back of their (crazy) minds, they think they are totally in the right and justified.

I have this scene in my head where some crazy older woman just comes charging at the lunch meat section, foaming at the mouth and eyes all glazed over and bloodshot.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
                          If she would have slammed her cart into mine, I would have slammed my cart back harder. I mean if she wants to play demolition carts

Somehow I can see this bitch getting arrested for assault on black Friday.
                          That's what I would have done. I don't move for "people" like that.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I see her as one of those women who assaulted others and pulled hair and went all tigress in hunt-mode for Cabbage Patch kids back in the day, and Beanie Babies about 10 years ago.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I know what she had for breakfast! Bitch Flakes! They make a body bitter!
                              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                              X