This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mel View Post
    I used to work at a call center for a market research company. Most of the time, the clients' (the companies we did the surveys for) contracts required us to lie about the length of time the surveys took. I hated doing that, thus, I didn't stay at the call center very long.
    Grr, I figured it was the idea of corporate to have their employees lie about the test time. What's worse is they get away with it because they still get their results.

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
      Too bad they don't do that in any of the California malls I've wasted months of my life in. I did do a couple when I was in Texas a few years back, mostly because I was just window shopping and had time to kill. Made $20 and got to try a cinnamon Jack Daniels that I've not seen for sale, so it worked out for me. They asked for 15 minutes, when I got in I let them know I had time and did 5 surveys. So, you are welcome other person who would have been upset, I did those surveys and the shot for you!
      Meh, I liked doing the survey (well at least making money off of it). I just didn't like being lied to. It's such a cheap tactic.

Comment

I did one of those surveys once.. took half an hour, had to test out some new schnapps drink and I got paid $45

Comment

I like taking these. It gives me the very silly but satisfying notion that my juuuuust slightly skewed preferences will be used to determine the norm for a national product. And soon, products all over the world....HAHAHAHAHAHA POWER HAHAHAHAHAAAH- ooh! piece o' candy....
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

i did one once, it was a food-test survey in san fran

wish they'd have let me finish more of the food.

the "payment" was a free pass the aquarium i was planning on going to anyway so.. not bad.

Comment

The only time I've taken one of those surveys was about twelve years or so ago.....had gone to the mall with a cousin, and the only things I remember are that we each got paid four dollars, and were given samples of food to take home (It was a "Skillet Sensations" type of thing.....not sure exactly how to word it)

Comment

My wife and I got stopped in a mall once by them. I told them we were busy, she didn't understand that I wanted to get away.

So we got to sit for an hour watching clips of movies that were coming out soon to gauge if we would pay money to see them.

Got $5 for our time, woo hoo.

Comment

If you ever want these people to go away, start asking stuff like their name (or employee ID, etc), their company, the company's contact information.... you get the idea. If you appear to be gathering info to make a formal complaint, there's a good chance they'll seek out less dangerous prey.

I've never been stopped to do a survey while in a mall. Then again, I'm hardly ever in malls.

I have done market research surveys (used to belong to two different research groups) for about $50 a pop (and sometimes a meal, if they were taste testing for entree foods), and I currently do a shopper thing that records what I buy and from where.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I used to do those surveys quite a bit. I never minded since extra money was extra money. The last few times I've been to the mall I haven't been asked. Of course that may have something to do with the fact that I was still in my work uniform and probably obviously didn't qualify.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I've been lucky with surveys in so far as the last one I can remember taking was at Hershey Park, and was on how a potential new chocolate recipe tasted (pretty good by my standards anyway). Wish I had the same luck with people calling for donations.

Comment

the mall i work at has a group of these people

they don't like me

it might have something to do with the fact that i told them in no uncertain terms that they weren't collecting the data properly, and everything they do is skewed

them: would you mind answering a few questions for a survey? we'll give you 5$
                        me: *answers no to each question she asks*
                        them: ok nevermind you don't qualify to participate because you answered 'no' to everything i asked
                        me: so you're telling me that nowhere in your data do you count the people who don't use these products, and you only ask once you know the person does use them? where's my 5$?
                        them: well you didn't qualify for the survey, so you don't get it
                        me: i answered questions, just not the answers you wanted. do you admit you lied about giving me money for my time?
                        them: .......*runs away scared*

Comment

Working...
                        X