This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Sticker Stickers

So I got a complaint from a customer today about something that happened the other day when I was off. Sometimes we get people who pass-out flyers on car windshields in the lots. We don't allow this, but can't always catch the people doing this because they hop out of a car, put them all down a row, and leave. Only THIS time, the company put stickers on the cars. And by this I mean they PEELED-OFF the stickers and STUCK them to the cars of complete strangers. The customer making the complaint had 3-stickers on his car. He called the company to complain but their defense is they hire people to do their advertising and can't control how they do it. I think the company would have been smarter than that and that this was just a mild case of vandalism by kids with too many stickers.

Then again they might have hired people and told them 'stick these on the cars' and so they took that literally!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Good grief. I'd still blame the company, because they were the ones endorsing the things. I imagine a lot of people raised holy heck.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, I can't see how the company can deny responsibility for issuing stickers....

if that's what really happened. I can see someone trying to generate ill-will towards a company by putting up fake ads intended to offend people. I can also see a company claiming that's what happened after a poorly thought-out marketing campaign.
      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

The company that hired the advertising group had to have some form of oversight on how the advertising was handled, or they just gave the company carte blanche.

In either case, the company that the advertising was for is liable for what amounts to vandalism.

I hope somebody makes them aware of their own liability.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was gonna say.

I'd be pressing charges for vandalism.

Comment

Even without using actual stickers, they still can do a number on your car. I never could get the rest of the postcard flier off my window after it had rained. Took a razor blade to it with no effect.
            NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

Working...
            X