This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wait for the answer!.....

Because, while it may come as a shock! You might just get the answer for what you asked!

Saw this guy yesturday night. We went to see a movie, and as it was late there were a few workers crouded around having a chat. Hell it wasn't busy so why not?

Guy comes up to them and in a snotty tone and without a please, thankyou or even a hello! Demanded to know where the information desk was.

Then without waiting asked again in a snottier tone. He then walked off on the phone talking to his dad about how they were not helping him and that he thinks the info desk was closed.

His pressing reason for finding the desk? He wanted a taxi. Ummm mate...walk out the door and flag one down...NOT THAT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Maybe the jerk was from our neck of the woods... you DO NOT hail taxi's in Spokane. They will laugh and keep on driving....as many a big city person has found. Here you HAVE to call a taxi
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

SC: Call me a cab!
      Clerk: You're a cab!

(apologies to Airplane!, the Marx bros. & anyone else who's used that line)

Comment

that's still easy.
        he had a cell phone...

call information and ask for a local taxi number...

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
          Maybe the jerk was from our neck of the woods... you DO NOT hail taxi's in Spokane.
          Same here, I think they're technically not supposed to pick up people who just hail them. If you want a cab, you call one and they come pick you up. I'm not sure why -- probably to keep people from 'stealing' cabs from other people by shoving them out of the way, or maybe to protect drivers from hijackers by having every trip logged and tracked by a dispatcher.

That said, taxi companies make it frakking easy to find them. Every mall and every hotel lobby has ads posted near the payphones or free newspapers with ads in them. They make their numbers super easy to remember. In my home town one of the taxi companies had direct-line phones in all the malls -- they had no dial or number pad, you just pick up and speak to the dispatcher.

You've gotta be pretty plastered to not be able to figure it out.

Comment

They don't let you hail around New Orleans, either. The company I worked for while I was there said it was for the security of the cab drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X