Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're complaining about contest rules?

I received an email from a blog site I read offering a chance to win an iPod Touch. Wonderful! The only way I'll be able to afford one is if someone gave me one for free, so this was right up my alley. Trick is, I have to follow a series of steps to qualify:

1) Go to a music group's website
    2) Listen to one of their song samplings
    3) Return to the blog site and type in three words to complete a lyric from one of the songs (yes, you have to figure out which one of the three song samples the lyric is from)
    4) Submit your entry
    5) Hope yours gets selected and you have a shiny new iPod in time to load Christmas carols on

I thought it was so great, I sent it to a friend. That's when she turned into an EW.

Her complaints started with having to go to two different websites. Next was having to listen to about 1:20 min of music. Then it was having to pick out the lyrics. "What if I was deaf? How would I enter then? Huh?" Finally it was the fact that it was kind of hard to find the drawing date. "What if I want to go buy my own iPod, and then I win the one from them?" Uhm, then you either have two or one to sell for extra holiday cash?

It must be that time of the month, 'cuz I've never seen her get so pissy about something so simple as an online raffle.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Can I, by any chance, get the link to the contest?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      Can I, by any chance, get the link to the contest?
      LOL! I would, but the contest was a single day only, and ran yesterday. They wanted to limit it so those who responded would have a better chance of winning.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        "What if I was deaf? How would I enter then? Huh?"
        Then you probably wouldn't want an ipod in the first place... >_>
        wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
        ----
        Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          "What if I was deaf? How would I enter then? Huh?"
          "I didn't know you were deaf."
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Excellent point, Nyx.
            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Oh, Nyx, I wish I had thought of that comeback at the time! Perfect!

Comment

Working...
              X