This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should have listened to me...

So I went for a pub meal with a couple of friends. The pub we went to was very quiet, so there were plenty of free tables to choose from. A friend of mine looked over into the family section of the pub.

Friend: Ooooh, there's a booth free! Let's grab that!

We started to walk over, and I looked into the booth next to us. It was a family of three. The parents looked very chavvy and their three year old child looked very bored. It was climbing all over the booth, starved of attention. I whispered to my friends:

Me: I think we should sit somewhere else.
    Friend: Why??
    Me: Because I don't think we're going to have a nice meal with that family next to us.
    Friend: Don't be silly! We've got a booth! I don't want to move!
    Friend2: Me neither!
    Me: Okaaaay then.

It started almost immediately after we ordered our food.

Mother: Sit down! I told you! Sit down! Your food will be here in a bit! Sit down! SIT DOWN!
    Kid: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It was that piercing kind of "Eeeee" that a kid does that always goes straight through you.

Mother: Be quiet and SIT DOWN!
    Kid: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Father: Ha! Ha! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!
    Kid: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Father: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    Kid: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yes that's right. The father and kid were having a shouting contest!

Father: Haha! That was fun. I'm going outside for a cigarette.
    Kid: Daaaaaaadddddyyyyyy! Don't go!
    Father: I'll just be outside. I will be two minutes.

Father walked away.

Kid: Daddy! Daddy! DADDY! DAAAADDDDDYYYY!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    Mother: Will you be QUIET and SIT down!

The father returned a couple of minutes later, at the same time, their food arrive.

Mother: Right, food is here! Sit down!

For a minute or two, there was silence. But then it picked up again. The kid started giggling.

Mother: Stop playing around and eat your food!
    Kid: EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DADDY! DADDY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Mother: Get out from under the table!

THUD!

Kid: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    Mother: Now look what you have done! You have hurt yourself! I told you to sit down!

RING! RING!

Father: HELLO??? YES I'M AT THE PUB HAVING SOME DINNER! YES.....YES....YES WE WILL BE BACK HOME IN ABOUT HALF AN HOUR...
    Kid: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE!!
    Father: YES...UH-HUH....YEAH WE'RE JUST HAVING SOMETHING TO EAT...
    Kid: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE!!

So, at the booth next to us, we have a screaming child that is making a noise that could shatter glass, a father shouting at the top of his lungs down a phone, and a mother scolding her child. My friend lost it.

Friend: Oh my God! We're moving!

Friend stormed up to the bar and informed the staff we had moved tables. Friend2 and I gathered our things.

Me: Well...I hate to say I told you so...
    Friend2: Quiet you!

We moved to the complete opposite side of the pub, and we could STILL hear them.

UGH! I hate screaming kids at restaurants and I know the scream you're talking about. It's ear drum shattering. But seriously...

ROFLMAO That is some funny stuff there. Did the dad think he was making things any better by making it a screaming match? What an idiot.

Comment

My sister was that kid, when she was very little. My mom banned her from restaurants for a long time
      "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

I feel your pain.

You know what I say? A LOT?

"Nobody ever fking listens to me."

It's almost like my motto or something.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          "Nobody ever fking listens to me."

It's almost like my motto or something.
          your motto and my motto should get together.

Mine is "Nobody ever tells me anything."
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Yours too?

Maybe we should start a club.

Comment

Sure they do - just check Fratch.

<ducks and runs>

My dad was famous for this quote. Thing is, we DID tell him things - he just didn't listen.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

your motto and my motto should get together.

I think you are comparing "Nobody ever fking listens to me" and "Nobody ever tells me anything."

However, the combinations with your signature are funnier:

In Accordance With Prophecy, Nobody ever fking listens to me.

In Accordance With Prophecy, Nobody ever tells me anything.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  However, the combinations with your signature are funnier:
                  Nobody ever tells me anything. I don't have to listen. The universe does that for me.

<cue the Officer from Monty Python> Now that's just silly. Enough of that. Get on with it.

...GET ON WITH IT!

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I happen to have a three-year-old. I have had to pack up our orders to go several times at restaurants because of my son's "antics". I've also left grocery stores, parks, and other public places when he misbehaves and won't stop. I understand that it's nice to go out with your kids, but when they are disruptive, it's time to take them home. For my son, that's usually the worst punishment I can give him.

Also, I have had to correct other diners at restaurants when my son gets loud or won't stay in his seat. The other diners tell me, "he's fine" or "he can do that, it's okay", to which I reply that we don't like him to do those things, but thanks for their understanding. While it's really cool of these people to tolerate my son's behavior because "he's so cute!", I don't want him to think he can get away with misbehaving simply because another adult says it's okay. I am stricter than many parents because I want to raise a productive, respectful, non-SC!

Comment

That's why I don't like sitting near children in restaurants. Too much screaming, and too many parents who will ignore it. Screw that.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Hey, if the parents won't control their kid, then I'll complain to the establishment.

Enough complaints, and the establishment will work to correct the parents' lack of parenting.

Or toss 'em. It's a win, either way.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i just HATE screaming children, period.

they sound like animals. its...almost gross in a way. I can't stand it somtimes.

Today i had a little boy (in a sweater vest no less) pound his fists on our candy machine demanding that he wanted some.

When his mother said no he screamed "I DON'T CARE IF I GET LOST!" and ran out into the parking lot.

What did his mother do? She ignored it and continued buying things at the register. I sent one of the cashiers after him to keep an eye on him and only when the woman's purchase was done did she start looking for her kid.

At which point she dragged him away screaming at the top of his lungs "I HATE YOU I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUAHHHHHHH"

Comment

Working...
                          X