This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst server i've seen in a long time

Alright so there's a bar about a 5 min walk away from my house. and it's convienent because it's stumbling distance home... BUT I've found staff there to be worse than useless at their jobs and generally don't go there.

Well me and some friends went out for some drinks sat. night

Waitress comes by to take our orders, I order a guinness. Now the bar was slightly noisy (as pubs tend to get but not chaotic or anything like that). both my gf across the table from me (therefore further than the waitress) and my friend beside me heard me say 'guiness'

she comes back about 20 minutes later with our drinks and I got a keiths... a beer I detest. I tell her (politey btw) 'sorry i ordered a guiness' she goes 'no you had a keiths' i say 'uh no... i had a guiness' she just says 'nope keiths' and walked away.

so that kinda pissed me off. as I now have a beer i wont drink (and none of my friends wanted it either and she wouldn't change it for what i ordered correctly).

oh well. we left as soon as we were done our drinks and didn't give her a dime for a tip.

Someone explained to me the reason she didn't want to change out the beer was because it was HER error, therefore she would have to pay for the beer out of her own pocket. Ok fine i can see how that would suck. BUT she was very rude and just flat out refused to believe she was wrong and just walked off (and never actually returned to our table someone else brought the bill).

so... instead of (possibly) being out $4.50 for a wrong beer she lost a tip on a 7 person party (which would have been WELL more than the $4.50 beer).

so yes that may have been sucky but whatever I dont care. It happened like 36 hours ago and still bugs me.

Just solidified in my mind that i will NOT be going back to that bar. close walking distance or not.
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Yeah, she sucked. I wonder if she hadn't poured that beer by accident earlier and was trying to get rid of it!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What an idiot! I would have spoken to the manager. Why should you have to pay for a beer you didn't order and don't want?
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I would have gone to the bar to get the correct drink, and refused to pay for the other one.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

see, this was just the latest in a long line of screw ups, incorrect drinks.. not knowing how to MAKE basic drinks (had a bartender ask 'what's in that?' when i ordered a black russian (vodka, kahula, ice. ... that is all it's not fancy).

so i dont know complaining would do any good. so whatever, she just got no tip and we left the bar.

Had it been a DIFFERENT bar that doesn't have the history of sloppiness this one does I would have complained... Hell if she'd been NICE about it and not just brush me off like there's no way I could be correct I would have figured 'whatever' and just asked to have it changed @ the bar.

lol oh well her loss becuse our bill was well over $100. and no tip for her makes her night probably pretty lousy (not a large bar, so not alot of tables, therefore not a LARGE amount of people to collect tips from as majority will go right up to bar for drinks)

Comment

Might I recommend not going back to a place that is known to suck?
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

yea, i'm not going back there. (I think i said that in my inital post... well i loudly thought it if i never actually got to typing it out lol)

Comment

You seriously had a 'tender ask you what goes in a black russian? That's not a red flag, that's someone grabbing you by the collar screaming, "Are you mad?! Turn back! Lest ye be damned!"

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
                  You seriously had a 'tender ask you what goes in a black russian? That's not a red flag, that's someone grabbing you by the collar screaming, "Are you mad?! Turn back! Lest ye be damned!"
                  That's going in the sig!
                  "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Nothing screams "I don't know how to do my job" more than a server arguing like this. Worst server I've ever had did the same thing, 'cept this was him arguing with my wife about what was on the menu. With that and other things it was the only time I've ever stiffed someone.
                    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
                      see, this was just the latest in a long line of screw ups, incorrect drinks.. not knowing how to MAKE basic drinks (had a bartender ask 'what's in that?' when i ordered a black russian (vodka, kahula, ice. ... that is all it's not fancy).
                      you know... I've had bartenders ask on basic drinks before... but I think my case wasn't sucky. I was at a mexican themed bar (monday night poker nights for the win) and I asked for a fuzzy naval... which isn't something that a lot of people in a mexican themed bar are likely to order... and the bartender asked "OK, I don't have people order that a lot, let me make sure we have everything... peach schnapps, vodka, and orange juice right?" Which I think is understandable verifying something basic, but not ordered often... asking how to make it because they have no clue... yeah, they don't know how to do their job.

Oh, and apparently bad servers are going around this time of year.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        you know... I've had bartenders ask on basic drinks before... but I think my case wasn't sucky. I was at a mexican themed bar (monday night poker nights for the win) and I asked for a fuzzy naval... which isn't something that a lot of people in a mexican themed bar are likely to order... and the bartender asked "OK, I don't have people order that a lot, let me make sure we have everything... peach schnapps, vodka, and orange juice right?" Which I think is understandable verifying something basic, but not ordered often... asking how to make it because they have no clue... yeah, they don't know how to do their job.

Oh, and apparently bad servers are going around this time of year.
                        Yea that's understandable. and totally fine. the guy was just checking 'hey i haven't made this in awhile let's make sure i've got it down right'.

not just flat out 'yea i have no clue how to make a drink that doesn't have the ingredients IN the drink name' :P

Comment

Working...
                        X