X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least it was a kid....

...acting like a kid.

So the fiance and I went into the big blue box store to return a few items and to pick up a goofy tie for my works xmas party. While we are waiting in line I hear a kid (maybe about 8-10) throwing a tempter tantrum up front.

Apparently he had purchased a DS game, opened it, and wanted a different one. Of course most sensible people know that no store would do a return like that. His main arguments where as follows.

"Please please please!!!"

"But I didnt even play it!!!"

"But why not!?"

At one point he even started reading the return policy and accusing the workers of lying. I noticed he skipped over the "Games to be returned unopened" part which was actually in the middle of what he read out loud to the workers.

Now I noticed two things at this point that made this a bit more then an average temper tantrum. One is that the kids dad/uncle/grandfather/male adult guardian of some sort was standing and not saying much of anything as this child was carrying the "conversation" to the service clerk. I believe there was a language barrier with the adult but it was obvious the child was pleading the "unfair card" and whining and he did nothing about it. In fact he would pipe in with a comment or two supporting what the child was saying!

The other thing I noticed, and why I found this whole situation pretty funny, is that the kid managed to climb up the chain of command from the service clerk, to the area supervisor, to the area manager, and to the Assistant Manager using purely the excuses of "please please please" and "That's not fair!"

Was an odd sight to say the least. And no, he didn't get his return.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Maybe the parent/guardian thought it was a funny situation and was egging the kid on to teach him you can't always get your way no matter how hard you try. Waste of the employee's time though.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Yeah it sounds like a good lesson for the kid, but I think it went a little far taking it up the chain of command.

I probably would've tried to communicate with the parent to explain to their child why it wouldn't be returned, and next time to keep the game unopened until he was sure he really wanted it.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Maybe the parent/guardian thought it was a funny situation and was egging the kid on to teach him you can't always get your way no matter how hard you try. Waste of the employee's time though.
        Well like I said I think there was a language barrier with the adult. He didn't seem to act like he knew much of what was going on for the most part. The kid was doing all the talking and directing. He seemed to be more like the kids chauffeur then anything else really.
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

you can't always get your way
          what you want. But if you try sometimes, you get what you need.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            But if you try sometimes, you get what you need.
            I need a hug.....
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              I need a hug.....

And the system works!
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My thoughts exactly...maybe the kid was having his shit fit at home so his parents decided to teach him that "things don't always go your way" so they took him to the store to prrove the case in point. Kid didn't get his way on the return and learned that things don't always go your way all the time. (isn't 8-10 a bit old for having a tantrum??? I can understand 2-5 year olds...but 7-8 year olds? Come on )
                NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Working...
                X