Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its a DONATION box, not a "Take what you want" box!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a DONATION box, not a "Take what you want" box!

At church, we have a box for putting donated toys that aren't wanted/people though better of/whatever. Which is nice, but for deity-of-choice's sake (we're Unitarians) its for people who can't afford toys. Its for putting what someone else wants in, its not for taking what you want out of!

But people keep doing that.

Sometimes, people upset me.
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Sad isn't it? I've seen it happen. I'm sure people know better. I'm sure in their minds, they're having a rough time and so they 'count' as needy. Ugh. Kids you could overlook as not knowing better (little ones, they see they like they take) but adults...Yeah.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Someone last year (was it RK?) mentioned they had a food donation box in the break room. And employees were stealing cans of soup and other yummy food items to eat during break. Jerks.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We've had similiar problems at the church I work at, only with us, it involved the gift bags we hand out to first-time visitors. They used to be kept on a counter in the lobby area of the main church building, but the candy kept disappearing, so we had to find another place to store them.

Comment

karma has something in mind for people that take out of donation boxes.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Someone last year (was it RK?) mentioned they had a food donation box in the break room. And employees were stealing cans of soup and other yummy food items to eat during break. Jerks.
            No, it wasn't me, but we did have a Harvest Hope (downtown food bank) box at church that people kept stealing from.

We were kind of like...well...what do we do? It's for hungry people...and...the person doing the stealing is clearly hungry...sooooo...

Comment

Working...
            X